34 Park Avenue
The LGBT Network (The Network) has an immediate opening for a full-time Data Specialist for HIV/STD Services. The HIV/STD Data Specialist will be an integral member of the HIV/STD Program’s quality management team assisting with the development of outcome measures to improve the quality and delivery of HIV/STD services. The Data Specialist will maintain multiple databases ensuring the data within is complete and up-to-date, perform software updates, and prepare program reports as requested. The Data Specialist will report to the Program Manager of HIV/STD Services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Specialist for HIV/STD Services is responsible to:
- Conduct chart reviews and enter data to meet program, grant, and agency requirements
- Maintain multiple databases including AIDS Institute Reporting System (AIRS), CAREWare, and internal data reporting systems.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual data reports for review by department.
- Assist with the evaluation and analysis of data and participate in the presentation of findings during department meetings.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities
- Assist with the development and revision of data management protocols and data collection tools to ensure proper data collection and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/ GED with at least one year of demonstrated work experience
- Associates degree preferred
- Commitment to and knowledge of the LGBT community
- Demonstrated experience with MS Excel and other advanced data management systems
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, identify trends and formulate findings
- Flexible work schedule a must, as this position may require working nights and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of people and flexibility
- Strong organizational skills for handling multiple tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Dental / Vision coverage - 100% of premiums covered
Life Insurance Policy
401(k) with significant match
Three weeks vacation to start
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit and attach both a cover letter and resume along with salary history to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please indicate any involvement in the LGBT community, whether it is as a professional, volunteer, or activist. Applicants that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered. No phone calls, please.