The Human Resources Specialist will be an integral member of USGBC’s Enterprise Operations team, implementing a variety of human resource programs, helping the department to be effective and high-quality in its work while providing superior service to USGBC and its staff. This individual is expected to contribute positively to the work environment and USGBC’s reputation for professionalism and quality.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
· Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization staff; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintains the employee handbook.
· Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
· Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EE0-1 report annually, and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
· Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, interns and temporary employees, writes and places job postings, manages interview process, conducts new-employee orientations, and monitors on-boarding program.
· Maintains job descriptions and edits for clarity, consistency and compliance. Drafts well written and legally compliant public job ads. Monitors job posting response rates and posting statuses.
· Maintains/updates organizational chart and other employee resources and posts on HR portal.
· Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
· Maintains human resources information system records and compiles reports as necessary.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
· Ensure employee files and the HRIS are up to date and maintained in a highly organized manner
· All HR programs executed in a timely and professional manner
· HR Specialist works collaboratively and effectively with colleagues and staff across all departments
EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
· Human Resources credential preferred.
· 3-5 years’ of Human Resources experience required
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
· Working knowledge of employment/labor laws
· Excellent communication and relationship management skills
· Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse interests across all levels of the organization.
· Aptitude in problem-solving
· Ability to develop internal processes and operations to support new business initiatives
· Desire to work in as a team with a results driven approach
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and act with utmost discretion
· Ability to work with efficiency and accuracy, maintain composure in high stress situations
· Ability to work well with a diverse professional staff, take on special projects and work, both, independently and in collaboration with team members
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and adapt to an environment with shifting priorities required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.