Development Associate, Donor Systems - Gift Processing
- Job posted by Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
40 West 20th Street
Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the power of more than two million members and online activists with the expertise of nearly 500 scientists, lawyers, policy advocates, and other professionals across the globe ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff – a force for nature - work out of offices in New York, Washington DC, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC seeks a Development Associate to work in our New York office. The Development Associate will work to support the Donor Systems function, with an emphasis on gift processing, data integrity, and reconciliation with Finance.
- Process gifts from all donor constituencies, as needed and assigned, including membership, major gifts, foundations, and special projects, but primarily for C4 Action Fund.
- Manage and track time spent on C4 processing.
- Coordinate with Action Fund staff and Finance on C4 donations.
- Report on and review gift entry in Salesforce to ensure data integrity.
- Participate in reconciliation process with Finance.
- Adhere to established data standards and practices.
- Work with Data Management colleagues to ensure that donor data is appropriately reflected in Salesforce and data issues are addressed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of experience required.
- 2 years Development experienced preferred.
- Extensive Excel experience strongly preferred.
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
- Systems based thinking skills.
- Project management skills.
- Sound judgement and the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal constituents.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required