The Special Assistant is a high-level professional directly assisting the President of Global Cities, Inc. – A Program of Bloomberg Philanthropies, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established under the auspices of Bloomberg Philanthropies.
The Special Assistant to the President works closely with the President, in support of the ongoing activities, mission, and vision of Global Cities. The Special Assistant proactively researches issues, contacts, projects, and programs in support of the President’s activities; briefs the President; and writes in her voice. The Special Assistant is a confidante of the President as well as a presidential direct report; the position offers significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Based in Global Cities New York City headquarters, the position requires the ability to work globally, and to work alongside the President in diverse cultural settings.
- Organizes and staffs the President’s meetings, conversations, and related activities.
- Documents the President’s meetings and conversations, recording discussions verbatim when required.
- Oversees the President’s schedule.
- Travels with the President.
- Coordinates projects from planning through execution and completion.
- Documents project activities to convey information regarding project status.
- Builds organizational knowledge through appropriate research.
- Researches and prepares reports about international digital exchange and global education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent political judgement
- Exceptional written and communications skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to analyze and present information in clear and concise formats
- Ability to work with external constituencies, including board members, peer organizations, and school district administrators
- Project management experience necessary, as is the ability to anticipate future activities and plan ahead to ensure task completion
- Ability to manage time, work autonomously, and handle multiple tasks while ensuring accountability
- Ability to work globally, and to work alongside the President in diverse cultural settings and with varied constituencies
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Ability to speak one or more modern foreign languages a plus
- Excellent computer skills; strong background in MS Office, particularly Excel, and iOS software and experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Data management and analysis skills required; experience with Salesforce CMS preferred
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
This is a full-time position; work hours may extend beyond the beyond the standard workday depending upon project demands. Travel required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.