35 West 124th Street
Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
- Manage and oversee department logistics and operations, ensuring that the VP of Advancement and the Advancement Team can focus on fundraising outreach and meeting benchmarks.
- Be a culture leader with all members of the school community, including by planning events, building strong personal relationships and leveraging relationships to work through challenges
- Plan and execute fundraising cultivation programs and activities such as Reading Volunteers, Corporate Volunteer Days, Service Saturdays, exploration trips w/ supporters, special events and other activities, ensuring the proper resources are available and the programs run smoothly
- Mastermind the Advancement calendar and meeting schedules, both internal and external, to optimize the time spent executing the fundraising strategy
- Build and maintain strong relationships supporters and their staff
- Create systems to ensure effective communication between internal and external to the department
- Lead a successful annual benefit
- Manage relationships with key vendors and ensure effective systems for purchasing and maintaining supplies and materials
- Point of contact for all technology related issues for the department
- Manage non-personnel expenses and track development budget
The ideal candidate will focus on putting fundraisers and donors first, by creating high-quality operations systems and following through down to the smallest details. He or she must be a highly intelligent, driven individual with a warm character and exceptional integrity, and must thrive as part of a highly motivated, committed team.
- Minimum 5 years of development experience; experience preferred either in K-12 or higher ed, or other non profits.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and motivate a team
- Excellent team player, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes
- Strong project management skills to lead complex projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills in tackling organizational problems
- Tremendous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Dedication to providing top-level customer service to teachers and families
- A positive, high-energy attitude and a drive for personal excellence
- Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Education Required