2331 Alhambra Boulevard
Reporting to the Managing Director of Impact, the Site Operations Manager supports the activities of the Executive Office and Site Senior Leadership Team (SLT). The Site Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring the site’s day-to-day operations function smoothly and efficiently. The Site Operations Manager will provide top-notch customer service, establish efficient operational systems, and support site collaboration and connectivity to ensure site-wide goals are met. S/he will help ensure that City Year Sacramento’s staff and AmeriCorps members have all the materials, information and support they need to do their jobs successfully.
This position plays a critical role in ensuring our site is effective and intentional by planning ahead, anticipating challenges, coordinating resources, and supporting site development, which is central to City Year Sacramento’s strategic growth plan for increased impact in schools. The Site Operations Manager approaches the work with a cross-functional (department, organization, and community) mindset and will assume primary responsibility for select projects and initiatives as directed.
Site Operations and Office Management
- Manage relationships with building management staff and with all vendors, assuring best values.
- Maintain office inventory of supplies and materials.
- Ensure functionality, servicing, and access to all office equipment and assets (physical space, technology, and vehicles).
- Work with the Headquarters (HQ) Information Technology Department to troubleshoot technology issues.
- Coordinate front desk coverage during business hours, including fielding general calls and following up on voicemails.
- Serve as site ambassador for all visitors to City Year Sacramento.
- Serve as a resource to staff and AmeriCorps members regarding operations questions and needs; and actively communicate with staff and AmeriCorps members regarding site operations procedures.
- Coordinate all travel needs for staff and AmeriCorps members.
- Manage uniform orders, inventory, and distribution for AmeriCorps members.
- Support the site in the annual budget development process in consultation with Executive Director and HQ staff.
- Manage high school and college interns.
- Schedule and support meetings of the City Year Sacramento Board, including set up, note taking, preparation and distribution of meeting minutes.
- Create documents, presentations, and other collateral materials for the board and board meetings.
- Coordinate board meeting lunch orders.
- Assist City Year Sacramento Board Committees with special projects including conducting research, collecting and analyzing data, drafting reports, and preparing presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Form a deep understanding of SalesForce in order to support the development team with:
- Ongoing training to the team so that they can actively utilize and benefit from the database.
- Prepare for pipeline meetings utilizing SalesForce to ensure revenue figures, pipeline reports, and monthly/quarterly goals are up to date.
- Ensure invoices/pledge reminders are sent to giving society members (Red Jacket Society), board members, individual donors, and corporations.
- Complete gift transmittal form within 48 hours of receipt.
- Maintain data integrity and accurate constituent records with sufficient data to ensure data exports for events, mailings, and other needs.
- Work closely with SLT and development team for assigned tasks, planning, and project management responsibilities. Assist with coordinating vendors such as photography, event locations, catering and logistics for various events.
- Attend and support whole site events, including Opening Day, MLK Day, Red Nose Day, Annual Gala, Graduation, and other site-wide designated events.
- Attend overnight events, including Summer Academy (a conference for all City Year Staff held in Boston in July), and other national events and/or trainings as needed.
- Assume other tasks as delegated by the Managing Director of Impact and/or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or previous relevant experience
- Approximately 3 years of relevant experience required
- City Year/AmeriCorps experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, SharePoint, and InDesign a plus
- Strong track record of learning new technology systems and tools quickly
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on results and process
- Solutions-oriented critical thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure, handle competing priorities and respond to short deadlines with a team and independently
- Excellent customer service skills; able to balance own projects against the needs of others
Additional Qualities Needed:
- Executes to Results: Must be very organized and have extremely strong attention to detail. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Tracks and communicates progress, including potential delays in a timely manner. Is proactive in addressing issues with appropriate level of urgency and in finding new ways of providing support.
- Problem Solving and Resilience: Successful applicants are tenacious and flexible in the face of challenges. They look beyond the obvious and don’t stop at the first barrier.They identify the information needed to solve a problem, link decisions to potential consequences and know when to escalate or seek guidance.
- Desire to Learn: Successful applicants have strong experience and a track record of success in the above areas, but must be willing and eager to continue to learn as well as be self-aware of their areas for continued professional growth and development.
- Communication: Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Is able to make operational and technical information clear and approachable. Listens well and asks good questions. Communicates well verbally and in writing, tailoring communication for the audience and situation.
- Relationship Development: Approachable and friendly. Actively seeks feedback and to understand others perspectives, interests and concerns. Adapts approaches to different people and situations.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.