95 Pine Street
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Elementary School Math Associate to join our Math team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Math, the Elementary School Math Associate will help us revolutionize how we teach elementary school mathematics and train our growing team of elementary school math teachers and leaders through the development of rigorous and engaging curriculum units and assessment materials.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing Common Core-aligned math units that teach scholars to think critically;
- Developing rigorous, engaging, and Common Core-aligned assessments;
- Project managing curriculum and assessment projects across the team; and
- Studying data and scholar work to identify gaps in adult practice and propose solutions.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Is a visionary instructional designer with a deep understanding of mathematics and inquiry-based mathematics teaching practices;
- Has the proven ability to design engaging and rigorous curriculum and assessment materials that inspire intellectual curiosity and a love of math;
- Deeply believes that great mathematics instruction incorporates multiple representations, meaningful mathematical discourse, and productive struggle;
- Possesses superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop concise and compelling content;
- Seeks to work at a fast-paced, collaborative, compassionate, start-up organization, where entrepreneurialism, innovation, and disruption are valorized; and
- Is a learner.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.