Details: $75,000.00 - 95,000.00 Salary Exempt
550 Kearny St.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
The Senior Director of Development, Workplace & Corporate Engagement, is responsible for providing leadership to five workplace team members year-round to achieve successful results. Key responsibilities include oversight and development of campaign strategies and plans for top accounts, volunteer training and relationship management, cultivation and stewardship calls on prospects and contributors, public speaking, direct supervision of staff, data management of all workplace accounts, analysis of campaign data and development of data-driven strategies for corporate accounts. As a member of the senior Development team and senior Managers team, the Senior Director is responsible for promoting cross-departmental cooperation, and serving as a leader for Development internally and externally. The Senior Director will ensure the team’s overall success in raising United Way Bay Area’s resources, visibility, and relevance in our community, primarily via the corporate workplace engagement channel. UWBA serves an eight county region that includes Silicon Valley.
The Senior Director will develop strategies for important existing accounts by maintaining key relationships with corporate leadership, campaign representatives, donors and prospects at all levels, on an individual and group basis, and will identify new opportunities to raise funds year-round within and beyond those accounts. This position will direct the 5 workplace development officers, helping mentor and support their success in achieving goals set for their portfolio(s). The duties of this position require close collaboration with a broad range of people, from training and guiding external partners on best practices for successful fundraising efforts, to working internally across all teams within the development department and across UWBA’s finance, marketing and community investment teams. This position also collaborates with the Leadership Team on engaging board members, recommending prospective board members, and reporting to the board on strategies and results. Responsibilities include establishing goals and measuring progress against them; data management, analysis of campaign data, development of data-driven strategies for corporate accounts, developing and executing strategies to achieve those goals; providing leadership to supervisees and the UWBA team; and partnering with the CDO and other senior Development staff to plan, evaluate and achieve team goals.
The Senior Director will be the active representative of UWBA, in working alongside other major market United Ways and UWW as part of the Corporate Relations Operating Group (CROG) developing national strategic partnership plans for major GCL accounts, as well as coordinated strategies for strengthening our efforts and systemic position in vying for new, renewed and ongoing corporate relationships. The Senior Director will also be a key leader along with other senior leaders at UWBA and UWW in the digital transformation and migration to the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud platform.
What you'll do:
- Serve on development senior team and provide leadership and support for overall strategies and priorities.
- Develop strategic partnerships with other United Ways, non-profit organizations, corporate leaders and other organizations.
- Ensure that donor, prospect, and company information is accurate and up-to-date in Salesforce and other department reports.
- Lead strategy for year-long engagement with corporate accounts including on-going external meetings, also work collaboratively with internal teams to execute opportunities identified within
Workplace Campaign Account Management:
- Manage a select number of key corporate campaigns (approximately 3-5).
- Identify new business opportunities and meet with volunteers and company leadership to drive
- new revenue and create awareness in the community and workplaces.
- Work with Major Gifts Team to promote leadership giving, Tocqueville giving, and Affinity
- Group membership
- Demonstrate exemplary stewardship by providing necessary and timely feedback, information,
- and appreciation to companies, donors and volunteers.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with account representatives, donors, and prospects.
- Stay current on trends or issues relevant to industries and the business climate or culture
- which could impact fund development.
- Serve as conduit to CDO by providing regular updates and progress reports.
- Exhibit and model the appropriate interpersonal skills and leadership qualities necessary to implement successful management responsibilities.
- Lead and supervise workplace development officers, guide team in developing
- strategic account plans.
- Lead and mentor staff to develop and deliver results.
- Manage volunteers, key board members and organization stakeholders, assist with the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
Who you are:
- Excellent communication skills for motivating and mobilizing a wide spectrum of donors and stakeholders to support organizational objectives.
- 7-10 years+ fundraising experience with United Way, corporate fundraising experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous tasks and customer relationships.
- Innovative and creative thinking including the ability to imagine the possibilities, inspire and lead a team as well as deliver a strategy for achieving results.
- Strong donor focus; understanding of how to effectively manage ongoing donor relations.
- Supervisory and project management experience.
- Strong computer skills including above average competency on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with CRM tools; experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- A California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
- Supports an inclusive environment and values the individual traits, skills and talents of all staff, volunteers and donors.
Salary: $75,000.00 - 95,000.00 Salary Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter
Minimum Education Required