To ensure the development, maintenance and consistent implementation of the FSC normative framework with respect to National Standards in line with the applicable FSC policies and procedures.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
To coordinate and oversee the development, maintenance, review, revision and interpretation of:
- normative documents for national standard development and certification.
- related communications, guidance and training materials, for example, for standard developers, standard users (Certificate Holders and Certification Bodies), and stakeholders.
- To oversee the development and approval of FSC National and Regional Forest Stewardship Standards worldwide.
- To develop and implement a model for the integrated review and revision of the FSC Principles & Criteria, International Generic Indicators, and national standards.
- To oversee the coordination of the Forest Management Expert Community.
To establish and implement effective and outcome-oriented work plans in line with organizational strategies and priorities.
- identifying unit internal and external support needs as well as foreseen stakeholder inputs, while
- ensuring effective resource management.
- To enable team members to deliver a high level of performance.
- To coordinate activities within PSU, in particular with the FM International Program and Regional Offices, as well as other FSC units as necessary.
- Supporting fundraising and reporting to donors.
- Project work and additional tasks as assigned for special business needs and agreed with the formal supervisor.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- A university/ technical college degree in forestry/ wood technology or other relevant areas or equivalent experience, knowledge and skills.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following:
- The Forest Sector.
- Multi-stakeholder standards development processes.
- Conservation management.
- Corporate environmental responsibility programs.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling several functions simultaneously.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strategic abilities.
- People leadership experience is an asset.
Languages: Fluency in English (spoken and written).Spanish is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills that create cohesive team efforts and affect decision making.
- Ability to facilitate interactive discussions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years contract.
- Starting Date: As soon as possibe.