Project Evident exists to help organizations harness the power of evidence to achieve greater impact. We do this by offering a comprehensive platform of tools, resources, and services to help state education agencies, local education agencies, nonprofits and funders improve how they measure, evaluate, and report results, while strengthening their ability to act using this evidence.
Project Evident strives to be a trusted partner – to practitioners, funders, and other stakeholders committed to stronger, meaningful, and equitable outcomes for communities and individuals so that all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential.1 We believe in the power of data and evidence to address social and racial justice, and seek to advance a next generation ecosystem for actionable evidence building and use. We live into our mission through our values, specifically:
- Practitioner Focused - We center on practitioners, and ground our work in their needs and contexts. We help practitioners strengthen meaningful and equitable outcomes for the communities and individuals they serve, and lift up their work so it can be better understood and supported by funders and policy makers.
- Committed to Learning, Inclusion, and Transparency - We are frank, honest, and compassionate with our colleagues, clients, funders, and stakeholders. We seek input and feedback from a wide range of voices and share our learnings openly with others. We recognize that evidence is not immune from the racism and inequities that exist in our society, and strive to understand the context in which we operate and to uphold the principles of belonging, dignity, and justice through our work.
- Smart, Warm, Approachable and Productive -
- Smart - we strive to find practical, implementable solutions
- Warm - we bring heart and positivity to our work and work through discomfort
- Approachable - we keep open and curious minds, welcoming differing viewpoints and valuing the ideas and experiences of our partners.
- Productive - we hold ourselves accountable to the goals and timelines we set with our colleagues and partners, and course correct as needed
- Oriented to Actionable Evidence - We build and use relevant and timely data and evidence with our partners and ourselves to continuously learn, improve, and make meaningful, equitable, and cost effective decisions.
Position Summary – Operations and HR Manager
The Operations and HR Manager will ensure smooth coordination and support for administrative, operational, HR and technology systems. This role comes at a key time in the trajectory of Project Evident as a high performing and inclusive organization and will support responsibilities related to the strategic growth plan, evolving infrastructure and culture, and successful transition to independence from our Fiscal Sponsor.
The Operations and HR Manager reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and will work with a distributed, collaborative high-impact team to ensure excellent operations to serve the organization. This role will be responsible for managing, maintaining and refining key operational and HR processes, supporting team meetings, managing performance reporting (organizational OKRS), and maintaining the PE tech stack and hardware inventory (liaison to outside tech support). This position will also work with the COO to build out the new independent operational structure.
To be successful in this role requires a high level of organization and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects across diverse stakeholders with competing deadlines. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently, is open to feedback, seek clarification, manage work from start to finish, meeting all deadlines and communicate clearly, openly and in a timely manner.
This role requires a high level of customer service, critical attention to detail, and a commitment to Project Evident’s values of inclusivity, justice and principles of “Smart Warm, Approachable and Productive.” This position also requires experience and ease in learning and using a variety of online tools and software.
- Leads and facilitates training for various software and as a part of the onboarding process.
- Manages the recruiting and onboarding of new staff by coordinating materials, meetings, job postings and schedules for recruiting, references and on-boarding in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supports the implementation of an end to end talent strategy.
- Creates, administers, and reports on quarterly staff engagement surveys utilizing Lattice performance management system.
- Facilitates and supports the use of Lattice for the purpose of executing performance management activities i.e input of overall organizational goals, bi-annual reviews, 360s etc.
- Supports efforts around building a culture of belonging, dignity and justice
- Supports in the creation and logistics of all-team retreats
- Manages professional development opportunities and track staff participation
- Partners with Tides on the on-boarding and off-boarding of employees including offer letters.
- Partners with Tides on policies updates and changes
- Creates, coordinates, and manages schedule, decks and agenda for all-team meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating operations handbook, partnering with the COO to inform staff on organizational policies.
- Helps coordinate and maintain accurate tracking of Objectives and Key Results reporting to produce relevant data and reports for senior leaders and managers. Works with communications to report out results to the Board.
- Coordinates with Communications team to include Operations specific information on Project Evident portal
- Writes the Ops corner in “Wins of the Week”
- Partners with the COO and Director of Finance and Business Analytics to continually identify causes of operational inefficiencies and implement improvements.
- Liaisons with Tides on various operational issues
- Maintains Project Evident tech suite, which includes and is not limited to: serving as the administrator, setting up accounts for new staff for key operations. systems, i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom, Harvest, Lattice, Asana, Salesforce, Tableau, Slack, etc.
- Monitors and maintains the overall integrity of the Harvest time tracking system including reconciling staff time, creating new projects, and updating Project Evident SKUs.
- Maintains current inventories of and ensures payment for all software licenses and hardware assets for the PE team to have what it needs to execute.
- Serves as liaison and manages the relationship of outsourced IT and Help Desk provider
- Manages general emails including @careers, @info and others as assigned.
- Supports the roll out of new software tools, codification of practices, and training of current and new staff.
- Looks for process improvements and creates process flow, tools and guidance to provide valuable data and clarity to staff.
- Maintains talent statistics (retention, time to hire, staff satisfaction, etc.) makes recommendations for process improvements based on data.
- Supports COO on administrative tasks and project management
- Works with COO to prepare for spin out
- Other projects as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- 3+ years of experience and managing multiple projects simultaneously in an operations setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in an operations role.
- High proficiency using office productivity software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, One Drive, and Teams), Google Suite, Salesforce, Zoom, and Slack.
- Proficiency with project management software
- Commitment to the mission of Project Evident.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extremely strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task and both start and complete projects on tight deadlines.
- Strong operational thinking with the ability to tie processes together across the organization.
- Proactive self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and meet collaboratively in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Brings impeccable attention to detail and high standards for accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate ideas orally and in writing.
- Commitment to excellence and the time required of a high performing culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment, working across teams and multiple stakeholders with evolving priorities;ability to use interpersonal skills (rather than direct authority) to influence, and support colleagues.
- Solutions oriented with demonstrated ability to identify, anticipate, and resolve challenges, seek clarification and support, while maintaining positive relationships internally and with partners.
- Ongoing commitment to belonging, dignity, and justice.
- Commitment to ongoing learning, feedback, and improvement.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong technical skills and a willingness and aptitude to learn and be proficient in new technology (e.g., NetSuite, Salesforce, Lattice, Harvest, etc.).
The Operations and HR Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works collaboratively with staff, clients, contractors and vendors on a weekly basis to meet goals in line with organizational values.
- Be able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Ability to sit, talk and listen continuously for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work with a virtual team based in Boston preferred