2132 Folsom Street
Are you Watsi’s next Impact Manager?
Watsi is a global health startup building a platform to administer the world’s fastest-growing health insurance systems in emerging markets. We put patients first in everything we do, and are committed to helping countries around the world accelerate progress toward universal health coverage.
We are hiring an Impact Manager to work in partnership with our Director of Health on the implementation, communication, and dissemination of our impact strategy. As we broaden our platform's reach, our Impact Manager will play a key role in helping build our strategy for defining impact, gathering evidence/collecting data from different sources (case studies, interviews, on the ground research), and publishing content to engage diverse global health audiences.
What you'll work on:
- You will be responsible for helping establish our overall health strategy in collaboration with our Director of Health
- You will understand the needs of our diverse audience and craft content such as white papers, case studies, and presentations
- You will work closely with our Business Development and Partnerships teams to share content and identify appropriate venues for delivery
- You will manage the implementation of Watsi's impact strategy across multiple countries
- You will conduct data collection, management, and analysis by adhering to strong ethical protocols and utilizing accurate data collection instruments
Who you are:
- You have 4-5 years of experience in global health/health financing, implementation research, and academic writing
- You have a graduate level degree in a related field (MPH, MBA, MPA) or a bachelor’s degree and exceptional experience
- You have a proven ability to be flexible, resourceful, and resilient in ambiguous environments and have experience working in low and middle-income countries with government officials and health system partners at various levels
- You are a dedicated, fast learner who is able to quickly resolve problems
- You have an almost-perfectionist attention to detail complemented by exceptional written communication, editorial craftsmanship, and research skills
- You are excited to spend 25% - 50% of your time working internationally, often in low-resource settings with cultural and language differences
- You are comfortable with SAS, SPSS or other statistical software packages
What it’s like to work at Watsi:
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." — Annie Dillard
- You will have the opportunity to directly impact people’s ability to access healthcare — all while working with innovative technology to define a new industry
- You will have the freedom to work remotely — our globally distributed team spans three continents and enjoys a flexible schedule, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits
- You will collaborate with kind and interesting people — we’re proud to have photographers, surfers, pastry chefs, rock climbers, dancers, and Japanese comic aficionados in our midst
- You will join an organization that values building an inclusive culture made up of people as diverse as those we exist to serve — we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives
You will enjoy a flexible schedule, plenty of vacation time, and great benefits — including medical, dental, and vision coverage, parental leave, and 401k with matching.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We would love to hear from you. Please email your resume and a note about why you’re excited about the opportunity to email@example.com.