423 West 55th Street, 7th Floor
About The Shed
Opening in spring 2019 where the High Line meets Hudson Yards on Manhattan's west side, The Shed will be dedicated to commissioning, producing, and presenting the full spectrum of performing arts, visual arts, and pop culture. From hip hop to classical music, painting and sculpture to literature, film to theater and dance, The Shed will bring together leading artists and thinkers from all disciplines under one roof. The building—a remarkable movable structure designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Rockwell Group—physically transforms to support artists' most ambitious ideas. Committed to nurturing artistic invention and bringing creative experiences to the broadest possible audiences, The Shed, led by Artistic Director and CEO Alex Poots, will be a 21st-century space of and for New York City.
About the Position
The IT Support Specialist will play a key role within The Shed’s Technology team, providing front line technical support to The Shed’s staff with hardware, software, and AV needs. This includes office, production, and front-of-house staff, as well as outside artists and consultants working at The Shed. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for tracking all instances of support by creating IT tickets using ticket-tracking software.
The IT Support Specialist will be in charge of keeping current systems updated and running smoothly. The IT Support Specialist will also be responsible for onboarding new employees: creating accounts, setting up workstations, and introducing new employees to IT systems at The Shed.
The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly as new systems and procedures are introduced. They should evaluate existing processes and practices and recommend improvements. The IT Support Specialist must have good documentation skills and keep a reliable record of all changes and improvements made to IT systems. They will work closely with the IT Manager to maintain and improve structural IT systems including wired and wireless networks, phone system, digital signage, networked AV equipment, and all other IT systems in the building.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Have a working knowledge of information technologies and systems in use at The Shed. These include, but are not limited to: Office 365, G Suite, Active Directory, IP phones, video-conferencing, etc.
- Troubleshoot IT problems and provide support in person, over the phone, and remotely
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high customer service standards
- Communicate complex concepts to a general audience
- Record all instances of support into the ticket-tracking software
- Keep reliable record and documentation of all changes and improvements
- Keep track of equipment and update the IT inventory system
- Provide audiovisual support to staff and help set up presentations, calls, and video conferences
- Provision, install, troubleshoot, upgrade, and repair hardware (desktops and laptops), software, peripheral components (keyboards, mice, etc.), and mobile devices
- Install and support network printers and copy machines
- Manage user accounts, keep track of changes, and perform onboarding/offboarding procedures along with new employee training
- Coordinate with outside vendors as required to troubleshoot and solve hardware, software, or network issues
Qualifications and Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to two years of IT support experience, supporting users at all levels, preferably in a cultural organization
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain patience and professionally and effectively communicate when working with staff, especially when under pressure
- Experience troubleshooting Windows, macOS, and iOS systems and devices
- Experience with computer hardware troubleshooting
- Experience setting up and troubleshooting AV equipment
- Understanding of networking concepts (IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, VPNs), experience performing basic network troubleshooting
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff, and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit résumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with “IT Support Specialist” in the subject line. Only résumés and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.