Details: Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
For 34 years, schools in the Internationals Network have provided excellent options for English Language Learners. We are currently seeking passionate, skilled and committed professionals to join our national school development and support team in a full-time position as Manager of College Readiness.
Who We Are
English Language Learners represent nearly 10% of the US public school population. Across the US, immigrant ELLs graduate at among the lowest rates and dropout at among the highest of all student subgroups. Internationals Network for Public Schools is the only school development and support organization that specifically addresses the educational needs of this population. Our mission is to provide quality education for recently arrived immigrants by growing and sustaining a strong national network of innovative public secondary schools, while broadening our impact by sharing proven best practices and influencing policy for English Language Learners (ELLs) nationally. We partner with public schools, districts, community organizations, and others to design, open and support schools and provide professional development and resources to educators.
What You’ll Do
We know that immigrant high school students have unique needs along the college preparation, access and success continuum and that guidance teams and college counselors are central to this effort. As Manager of College Readiness, you’ll bring your expertise to build the capacity of school staff to support college readiness, access, enrollment and retention efforts in International High Schools. Based in New York City, you will play a key role in supporting college advisors, school leaders, and other school-based staff in the areas outlined below. As Manager of College Readiness, you will play a key role in the design of new programming in collaboration with organization and school staff members.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
● Support college readiness, access, enrollment and college retention programs in our network of immigrant-serving schools;
● Conduct network-wide needs assessment to inform further program development in collaboration with other organizations and school staff;
● Provide on-site coaching and professional development support to college advisors and other school staff integral to the college-access and -success process;
● Design, plan, and implement professional development including facilitating peer inquiry groups for college advisors and other staff
● Support school-level staff to maintain real-time recordkeeping to support and sustain the college access and success process for students enrolled in Internationals Network Schools;
● Collect, analyze, and report college readiness and retention data to inform network and school-level programming;
● Design and facilitate regular meetings of school-based college advisors;
● Identify, document, and disseminate promising practices;
● Maintain current and relevant information for college advisors;
● Develop relationships with postsecondary institutions with strong support systems for immigrant students;
● Identify financial aid/scholarship resources for immigrants, including undocumented
What you bring:
Internationals Network is looking for committed, experienced educators with diverse backgrounds and experiences who are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to improve educational programs and services for immigrant English Language Learners across the United States. You'll be right at home here if you are passionate about issues related to immigration, are a creative thinker and a team player, and are a great communicator looking to improve your own professional practice by working collaboratively.
We expect the Manager of College Readiness to:
● Demonstrate knowledge of immigrant youth on the ground, with 2-3 years minimum direct experience working with immigrant youth in high schools and an understanding of strengths, needs and challenges facing immigrant students of all backgrounds seeking to attend college;
● Have expertise in the college admissions process, with demonstrated familiarity with New York City and State post-secondary institutions and college opportunity programs and a minimum of 3 -5 years of experience with college advising/college guidance programs and comprehensive knowledge of federal and NYS financial aid processes;
● Be a skilled facilitator, with experience developing and facilitating professional development related to college access and success;
● Experience coaching or mentoring college advisors or college access professionals;
● Be committed to collaboration, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships on behalf of the organization; and to work collaboratively with a variety of staff members;
● Ability to collect, analyze, and report data to drive program development
● Be a flexible problem solver and effective communicator, both orally and in writing;
● Commitment to the vision of the Internationals Network and its programs
● Keep a sense of humor
Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits . Vacation, sick and personal days. Pre-tax deductions for retirement, dependent care, and commutation expenses. 401K matching contribution by organization renewable on annual basis.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Preferred. Preference given to additional professional certification in college advisement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For more information on Internationals Network for Public Schools, visit our website at www.internationalsnetwork.org.