32 Laight Street
About the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD)
The mission of NCLD is to improve the lives of the 1 in 5 children and adults nationwide with learning and attention issues—by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and advocating for equal rights and opportunities. We’re working to create a society in which every individual possesses the academic, social and emotional skills needed to succeed in school, at work and in life.
About the Position
NCLD is looking for a product manager for its Understood for Parents, Educators and Young Adults programs, to manage continued improvements to the NCLD and Understood platforms. We aim to build best-in-class products and we need a top-notch product manager.
We are looking for a self-starter to help us accomplish this work, and to help develop and ensure processes. While we focus on parents now, we anticipate expanding to young adults and educators in the near future. We are looking for a strong, collaborative, empathetic product manager who will help the parents we serve become more confident about helping their kids thrive. This position will collaborate in product ideation, discovery and execution and work with our engineering, search and analytics teams.
Improve the impact of NCLD digital resources by identifying product improvements; conducting research; generating product requirements; determining specifications and production timetables; performing light project management; and creating time-integrated plans for product introduction.
Works with director of product to support and drive the product strategy:
· Help translate product strategy and roadmap into detailed requirements, wireframes and prototypes.
· Work closely with the engineering team by creating user stories, clearing roadblocks, and ensuring stakeholder needs are being implemented.
· Help with backlog grooming, ensuring that tasks are fully realized to ensure successful results.
· Be mindful that the voice of our community is echoed throughout the product development process. This includes the consistent practice of incorporating user feedback into the development loop through various market testing and research projects as needed.
· Ensure that accessibility remains a top priority and that Understood remains “the most accessible site out there for people with learning and attention issues.”
· Own the User Acceptance Testing process; write testing scripts/scenarios, oversee and ensure that the QA vendor is set up for success, and guide stakeholder collaboration in the UAT process.
· Help validate product hypotheses with surveys, A/B testing, etc.
· Assist with bringing new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs, and by establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
· Support and guide new product execution by developing time-integrated plans with engineering, content, marketing and partnership teams. Keep the multi-discipline teams coordinated and on track in launches and enhancements.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Ability to work with a team, accomplishing related results as needed.
● 2+ years of product management experience (preferably consumer products), with a proven track record of contributing to and delivering new products and features that helped your company grow.
● A past role in a nonprofit; in a software company; in the area of business strategy; and/or as a tech entrepreneur.
● A thorough familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
● A strong desire to work hard, in a small, fast-growing organization doing whatever it takes to move the organization forward.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Job Application: First Name Last Name, Product Manager”