1 Whitehall Street
YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
developing long-term relationships, understanding donor interests, passions and values; playing a critical role in the activation of an enhanced major gifts strategy poised to double revenue within the next 3-5 years.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Soliciting gifts (minimum $5,000) and multi-year pledges of $25,000 and higher from a list of top tier donors
- Managing relationships with prospective donors and expecting to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important supporters of the organization
- Working collaboratively with External Relations staff, Operations and Technical team, senior management and Board of Directors to cultivate and solicit donors for organizational priorities
- Monitoring all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations
- Collaborating with Senior Development Officer, Individual Giving and Events on solicitation of portfolio for annual gala to ensure strong attendance to further engagement
- Participating in regular External Relations and organization-wide meetings
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
You’re a dedicated professional
- You have a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have 7-10 years of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five and six-figure range
- You have experience managing people & processes
- You are committed to Action Against Hunger’s mission
You’re strong in the following competences
- You have the commiment to promoting gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work.
- You have the ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the organization.
- You have the ability to establish priorities, to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously, and work well under pressure with keen attention to details.
- You have excellent spoken written communication skills with excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- You are familiar with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have experience working with Raiser's Edge.
- You have drive and capacity to achieve high quality results as well as identify process improvements.
- You have the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply with resume and cover letter through the link.