K 112 B K Dutt Colony, Civil Colony
About Indus Action
Indus Action is a non profit organization that works on Policy Implementation. We are currently working with the civil, private and the public sector to implement RTE Sec12(1)(c). We are on a mission to enable the disadvantaged gain access to legislated rights sustainably, in India. Our first action is to create a breakthrough in inclusive education. We achieve this in collaboration with progressive state governments and a network of partner and community entrepreneurs. We have identified technology as a strategic route to achieve our targets and move towards operational sustainability.
We are currently present in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra , Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Karnataka and have enrolled 90,000 children since 2013, this year we plan to create our presence in 19 states across the country and enrol 1 million children by 2020.
To view our work, please see the short documentary - https://goo.gl/AG5vKL.
Indus Action (IA) is looking for State Leads (SLs) to implement RTE Sec 12(1)(c) in various states. As a SL you will be in-charge of implementing this policy across the state of your choice, increasing fill rates and improving efficiency of implementation with or without official government support. You will receive capacity building support from Indus Action and its network of social entrepreneurs. This contract will be for a period of one year, renewable on a yearly basis after 9 months of review. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are committed to the cause of providing sustainable access to legislated rights to the underserved.
As an SL you will be responsible for:
- Secure an MoU with the State education and other relevant departments depending on the requirement
- Set up or improvise the MIS system and use technology to ensure smooth implementation of the policy.
- Lead operations in the state and ensuring
- An increase in awareness levels of communities
- An increase in the fill rate
- Improvement in efficiency of implementation
- Analyse RTE Sec 12(1)(c) implementation challenges within a state and providing customised solutions by working with the government, communities, and other non-government and private organizations. You will make use of existing Indus Action expertise and experiences in designing these solutions.
- Actively contribute through a network of partners to raise the general discourse in the country around Section 12(1)(c)
- Manage operations (Designing and conducting campaigns, setting process with government, application center management, lottery, admissions, grievance redressal etc.) within the budget allocated and ensuring that the goals are achieved with respect to number of applications and enrollments
- Implement the central School Readiness Program in consultation with the central IA team
Level of Language Proficiency
Attitude, Skill, and Knowledge
We are looking for individuals who are go-getters and who can strategise and implement large scale programs.
- Listen with a design thinking mindset and for data collection opportunities
- Act with a sense of urgency for access of rights of disadvantaged
- Change resource usage with radical frugality
A) Stakeholder Management (Below skills are preferred, but not compulsory):
- Has led and managed a team of 3-7 people through a project for 1+ year
- Partnered with the government and built relations across levels (BDO, SPD, PS etc) to drive large scale projects for 1+ year
- Has driven/been part of projects centred around underserved parents or children or teachers/principals/schools for 2+ years
B) Project Management
- End-to-end project management and delivery experience for 2+years
- Should be well versed with principles of designing thinking, planning and execution, budget management, quality control and monitoring and evaluation
C) Data & Technology
- Capable of understanding technology (product, not code) used to set up MIS system and envisioning the scope that technology can play to make the implementation smoother
- Strong analytical skill to create strategies and analyse data
- The applicant must be a graduate with at least 4 years of work experience preferably in the social sector.
- Applicants with at least one of the following fellowship experiences ( TFI/Gandhi Fellowship/PMRDF/Acumen/Innovation Corps/Ashoka/CM Fellowship/CMGGA, etc.) will be given preference.
- A strong local understanding - language, culture, terrain
Minimum Education Required