Outreach Specialist/Service Coordinator, Rockland
- Job posted by Westchester Independent Living Center
WILC is a consumer controlled, nonresidential center for independent living, which provides information and advocacy to seniors and persons with disabilities. In addition, WILC, under contract with NYS Office for the Aging, operates a No Wrong Door Program within 7 counties of the Lower Hudson Valley. The goal of this Program is to educate and provide resources and information needed to support seniors and individuals and family members who experience a disability so that they can remain living in the community.
POSITION: Outreach Specialist/Service Coordinator
LOCATION: Rockland/Westchester County
HOURS: Full Time
1. Conduct program screenings and provide participants with unbiased information and connections to qualified providers of long term supports and services by phone and in person.
2. Provide benefits application assistance as needed.
3. Provide Options Counseling/Person Centered Counseling services to individuals seeking long term supports and services by phone and in person.
4. Conduct education and awareness presentations to community partners, groups, and individuals about NY Connects and local long term supports and services.
5. Actively participate in Long Term Care Council and attend program meetings as assigned.
6. Work collaboratively with the local Office for the Aging, Department of Social Services, and Office for People with Developmental Disabilities staff members.
7. Gather required data and information and submit to the Project Coordinator in a timely manner.
8. Maintain consistency of NY Connects message with other NY Connect partners.
9. Adhere to the NY Connect State Program Standards.
10. Follow the prescribed NY Connects Work Plan.
11. Available to travel to attend meetings, make presentations, or meet with participants in their homes or public locations.
12. Other duties as assigned by Program Coordinator.
13. Maintain confidentiality of all work-related information
14. Act in a manner consistent with the Independent Living Philosophy
1. Bachelor’s degree required or High School diploma and two years professional experience acceptable with knowledge of community and regional services.
2. Significant service coordination experience required
3. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
4. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple request from fellow staff.
5. Dependability, approachability and willingness to take initiative and problem solve.
6. Ability to use common office equipment, proficiency with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
7. Public speaking and group facilitation.
8. Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle daily
9. Bi-Lingual a plus
10.Required travel to Rockland and Westchester Counties
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability, and Family Leave
Paid Vacation, Sick, Personal Time & Federal Holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
English/Spanish bilingual a plus
Minimum Education Required