The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking a Assistant Vice President to join its Residential Services department.
Scope of Position:
- Provide supervision to the managers who oversee direct care staff providing services to individuals in supported housing programs for formerly homeless individuals diagnosed with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders, located throughout the Bronx and Manhattan.
- Conduct ongoing internal chart reviews to monitor the appropriateness and quality of the care being provided to clients.
- Ensure compliance with agency and funders’ policies, procedures, and program eligibility requirements (including but not limited to OMH, DOHMH, OASAS, HUD/McKinney), including attending and managing on site audits.
- Accompany staff on visits to client apartments in the field when appropriate and provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Assist the V.P. with hiring and training of new staff; complete staff performance evaluations; work with the human resources department on disciplinary matters involving staff.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, incident reviews, clinical meetings, community meetings, and training's.
- Ensure staff complete ongoing agency-required training's, and support staff’s professional development through attendance at external training's.
- Coordinate with the property management staff in the procurement and maintenance of apartments, address rent arrears issues, and maintain good relationships with landlords.
- Be available 24/7 to respond to crises.
- Perform other job-related functions, as assigned.