2101 L St., NW
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) continues to assemble a dynamic, integrated team of architects, engineers, building scientists, and sustainable development professionals to provide technical expertise on LEED, the GBCI certification process and to current and potential project teams and stakeholders. Our LEED Support team offers over 150 years of combined LEED project experience to help project teams navigate the technical complexities of LEED. In joining this team, the LEED® Specialist will serve as a LEED technical subject matter expert, and draw on direct experience with the LEED® Rating Systems. Reporting directly to the Director of LEED Support, the position is focused on improving the customer’s LEED experience through direct customer engagement.
This position may be performed in our Washington, DC office or remotely.
- Use excellent communication skills to provide professional, clear, and enabling guidance for project teams regarding green design, construction, operations and maintenance certification processes
- Participate as an integral member of the Technical Customer Service team, sharing expertise and assisting with the continuous improvement process
- Facilitate and provide direct access between project teams and technical colleagues to help resolve project review related issues
- Collaborate with managers, consultants, and project teams to evaluate project documentation, and review technical documents
- Liaise with USGBC, GBCI and other rating systems’ staff
- Other duties as requested
- Assist in developing, reviewing, and refining LEED® programs, policies and plans, as well as specific LEED® credit language and reference materials
- Maintain currency of expertise by staying abreast of new and developing industry issues and trends
- Attend conferences and events as requested to engage customers directly
Education & training requirements/preferences
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a field of study related to one or more of the following professions:
- Architecture (architecture, landscape architecture, urban design)
- Engineering (mechanical, civil, electrical, structural)
- Construction Management
- Sustainable Development (sustainable business, sustainability)
- Material Science
- Building Operations (facility management, property management)
- Status as LEED® Accredited Professional
- Minimum of four years of relevant professional experience in the green building industry
- Experience as an active LEED project team member for 3 or more LEED certified projects, including experience creating and assembling documentation
- Experience in interpreting and reviewing LEED project documentation
- Experience interacting directly with professionals in the design, construction, and/or real estate industries through both written and verbal communication
Other required skills and qualifications
- Commitment to USGBC’s mission
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, and presenting)
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, cooperative, and able to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to responsibly manage multiple deadlines simultaneously and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to USGBC mission
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
Note the title of the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.
Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
No phone calls, please.