At Darkness to Light, we believe adults are responsible for protecting children. Currently we are on a mission to train four million adults by the year 2020 to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
To achieve this mission, we are seeking a talented Marketing Content and Campaign Coordinator. The role is a mix of copywriting, marketing, project management, and web activity, all designed to support key goals as outlined in our strategic plan.
Our environment is fast-paced and fun, all while working together to protect children from the serious issue of child sexual abuse. If you are passionate about protecting children and love to think of innovative ways to communicate a message that inspires others to take action – we want to talk to you!
- Support the continued implementation of the communication and marketing goals outlined in the Strategic Plan;
- Write content for the annual impact report and other external communications;
- Create marketing collateral for a variety of programs, activities, and events;
- Working with the Digital Marketing Specialist to support the website and develop content for online channels. This includes but is not limited to the Darkness to Light website and social media platforms;
- Work with marketing vendors and partners in creating and executing content;
- Concept content ideas and write blogs, email copy, web content creation, and other marketing collateral;
- Use analytics and data-driven insights, such as social listening, to fuel content planning and creation;
- Discover ways to incorporate trends and leverage other promotional opportunities in marketing efforts;
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 5 years relevant experience;
- Exceptional writing skills and command of the English language;
- Proven ability to create persuasive content and adapt to organizational tone;
- Experience writing white papers, blogs posts, email copy, and social media content that has driven engagement for a company, organization, or campaign;
- Fluent understanding of social platforms and the best content types for each;
- Ability to thrive in an environment of both collaboration and autonomy;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once;
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint proficiency required;
- Previous experience with Wordpress preferred;
- Previous experience with graphic design and beginner knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
The statements within this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Darkness to Light provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. Darkness to Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical Vision
Level of Language Proficiency
English Required, Spanish Preferred
Minimum Education Required