One State Street
IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
GUEST SERVICES COORDINATOR
ABOUT THE IRISH INTERNATIONAL IMMIGRANT CENTER
The Irish International Immigrant Center (IIIC) was founded in 1989 by a group of immigrants committed to helping empower immigrants and refugees from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, educational and wellness support they need to build successful lives.
Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others, social justice and human rights, we help 3000 newcomers annually find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and despite the current political climate, we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Our vision is of a shared society where all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. For more information on the Irish International Immigrant Center please see www.iiicenter.org.
WORKING AT THE IIIC
Our staff of thirty bring enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission and to the work they do at the Center. We work – and sometimes play – as a team. Our generous benefits package includes our “Staff Day Out” - a day off to enjoy fun activities together, 14 holidays, 20 vacation days and 5 sick days (pro-rated for part-time staff). Health benefits are offered to anyone working 20 hours per week or more.
SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Guest Services Coordinator will ensure that all our visitors feel welcomed and cared for and respond to callers with accurate information in a respectful manner. The Coordinator will be knowledgeable about all our services and the services of other agencies to which we make referrals. The Coordinator will manage the Center’s space and supplies.
● Ensure visitors to the Center are welcomed and guided to the appropriate internal services, or referred to an appropriate external agency.
● Be a consistent and central presence at the reception area.
● Coordinate with program directors to ensure protocol is appropriately followed for each program.
● Ensure the center switch-board is staffed and that all calls are responded to with care and professionalism.
● Ensure reception area is stocked with appropriate and current flyers, newspapers, etc.
● Ensure that all reception emails are acknowledged and appropriately processed.
● Proactively communicate information about other relevant services and programs to our guests.
● Maintain the Reception Operations Manual to ensure excellence in client support.
● Train and supervise front desk volunteers and interns.
● Assist with student and client intake.
● Ensure the common use areas are welcoming, safe, and clean spaces.
● Maintain and order office supplies for the entire organization and maintain community resources.
● Support events hosted by the IIIC by ensuring room set-up and clean-up.
● Support the Director of Operations to ensure the center facilities are functional and well maintained.
● Complete other tasks as required and directed by the Director of Operations.
● Commitment to the overall mission and values of the IIIC.
● Reception, hospitality, or client service experience.
● Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail and multi-tasking ability.
● Ability to problem-solve, take initiative, and think creatively.
● Great interpersonal and communication skills: friendly and helpful with a “can-do” attitude.
● Able to work under pressure.
● Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Drive, and Google Calendar
● Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of discretion.
● Spanish language proficiency required, Haitian-Creole, French, Arabic, and Portuguese preferred.
Status: Part-time (32 hours), benefits provided
Reports to: Director of Operations
Our generous benefits package includes:
-20 vacation days and 5 sick days (pro-rated for part-time staff).
-Health insurance, 75% paid by IIIC is offered to anyone working 20 hours per week or more
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language proficiency required, Haitian-Creole, French, Arabic, and Portuguese preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Guest Services Coordinator in the subject line.
The IIIC is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed or religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from all those interested and qualified.