919 18th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Manager, Development and Partnerships, will be responsible for coordinating efforts surrounding the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of (non-event) companies and foundations, with a primary focus on supporting Junior Achievement’s Finance Park fundraising and partnerships efforts.
A strong candidate for this position must be excellent in verbal and written communications. Proposal writing is preferred. The candidate must also possess the ability to organize and track all activities surrounding the maintenance of donor relationships, including correspondence, proposal submissions, follow up and reporting, and possess organization skills to manage stewardship plans and benefit fulfillments for corporate sponsorships, including naming rights and facility branding.
- Identify and research corporate and foundation prospects/donors, with a focus on Finance Park donors
- Assist with development of proposals and grant reports
- Draft sponsorships agreements and contracts
- Track the moves management process
- Provide administrative support to manage volunteer leadership committees, including agenda and materials development
- Collaborate with the Communications team to produce marketing campaigns and materials to support fundraising efforts for Finance Park and other program partnerships
- Assist with setting annual fundraising goals
- Manage benefit fulfillments for Finance Park and other program partnerships, including naming rights and facility branding
- Manage ongoing storefront partner relationships and stewardship plans
- Support the Senior Director and Vice President with external fundraising efforts, including prospect research, scheduling, follow up, etc.
- Provide tours of the Finance Park facilities to prospects and donors
- Assist with management of the development database and donor records
- Support the integrity of internal office procedures and prompt and professional donor services
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to take on other duties, as necessary
- Execute on additional duties, as assigned
Experience Requirements and Desired Skills:
- 1-3 years of experience in development or marketing
- Previous exposure to events management, board management, corporate giving or institutional fundraising preferred
- Commitment to nonprofit sector
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including a strong attention to detail
- Ability to form relationships with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Self-starter who is comfortable handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and writing skills, including strong presentation skills
- Excellent research and computer skills, including comfort and experience with databases
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary and experience with a donor management system (like Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce) is highly preferred
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours, and 50% of local travel are required
JAGW offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a fun, challenging work environment. EOE.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position title in the subject line. No phone calls. Incomplete applications will not be considered.