116 Williams Avenue
Position: Case Aide
Program/Department: Transitional Living Community
Reports to: David Lampert, Social Work Supervisor
Work Location: 116 Williams Avenue
Hours: Full Time / 4:00pm-12:00am
The Case Aide assists Case Managers with day to day social service tasks. TLC is a transitional living community for mentally challenged homeless women. Case Aides work with other staff to ensure that our clients are prepared for permanent housing by developing rapport with clients, streamlining intake procedures, scheduling case management meetings, and helping clients to build their personal social and economic safety nets .
· Conduct Initial intakes and complete intake packet for all new TLC clients.
· Assist with updating client demographic and other data in AWARDS and CARES databases.
· Assist case managers with scheduling clients’ physical and psychiatric appointments.
· Work in conjunction with case managers to link clients with public benefits and other community resources.
· Escort clients to housing interviews, community resource meetings and appointments as needed.
· Assist case managers with filing.
· Liaise with community resources and connect clients to services.
· Facilitate weekly Activity Daily Living groups such as budgeting and medication education.
· Conduct reception activities, including answering phones and directing calls.
· Follow up with clients to ensure that scheduled appointments are maintained.
· Assist with medication monitoring.
· Participate in agency wide groups and meetings as required.
· Assist with development of funding proposals as needed.
· Other tasks as may be required.
Job includes working evenings and weekends.
Qualifications Required: High School diploma or G.E.D required. One year experience working with homeless and/or mentally challenged populations required. Previous experience working in residential direct care.
Quantifications Preferred: Associate or Bachelor degree in Social Sciences or Human Services.
Medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Adrienne Terry, Program Director