287 Columbus Avenue
City Year is seeking an Insights Manager to help assess key business questions, then execute and deliver analytic solutions that yield relevant, actionable and timely insights. While this position is a key member of the Marketing and Communications team, you will work collaboratively with other department analysts, particularly the Recruitment and Admissions Systems Manager and Operations Improvement Analyst.
In this role you will work closely with the Senior Insights Manager to help the organization continually evolve and socialize a deeper understanding of City Year’s key audiences and stakeholders (prospective AmeriCorps members, individual donors, etc.). You will support in designing, programming, reporting and analyzing annual surveys (e.g. Brand Tracker, Invited AmeriCorps Member surveys, Alumni survey, etc.). We also conduct interviews and focus groups for which you will assist in writing discussion guides and facilitating the research.
We work with quantitative and qualitative data at City Year so you will evaluate both types of data sets to identify insights. For example, you may review Recruitment and Admissions lead data (quantitative) to track funnel performance or assess Marketing email campaign data to identify opportunities for improvement with tactics and content. You will also translate qualitative data into meaningful takeaways (e.g. code open-ended survey responses to determine key challenges for the AmeriCorps Member Experience department and how that impacts Marketing Communications). In addition to primary research we conduct internally, you will also identify secondary research resources to help answer some questions (e.g. report out on trends with the 17-25 year old potential AmeriCorps Member segment).
After synthesizing results you will generate reports in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, using tools such as Excel pivot tables and/or SPSS (e.g. monthly Digital Advertising campaign performance reports and website/creative testing analytics). You may also maintain and publish regular dashboards using Power BI or build and work with predictive analytics models to support forecasting. You will partner with other departments on cross-functional projects, analyzing internal data to answer key questions quickly and efficiently
- 1-2 years of work experience highly preferred
- Working knowledge of synthesizing primary and secondary market research
- Skilled at reviewing and analyzing large and complex qualitative and quantitative data sets to yield insights
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Bonus points for experience with statistical analysis software (SPSS, etc.) and/or creating visualizations using Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or similar software
- Familiarity with business systems like Marketo and Salesforce and/or digital tools like Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Business/Ads Manager preferred
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to synthesize complex data into clear, concise, and compelling information for diverse audiences
- Creativity and independent problem-solving skills, flexibility, and the ability to manage numerous priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively on a team
- A demonstrated connection to the mission, values, and long-term goals of City Year.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.