Requisition ID: req2235
Job Title: Job Placement AmeriCorps
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-Seattle, WA
The IRC in Seattle: Job Placement AmeriCorps
LOCATION: SeaTac, WA
START DATE: September 25, 2018
DURATION: 1 year
YEARLY STIPEND: $14,500.00
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to survivors of war, persecution and natural disaster.
Scope of Service:
The Job Placement AmeriCorps is a one-year position responsible for managing the provision of services to assist new and recently arrived refugee clients to attain self-sufficiency through employment. Specifically, the AmeriCorps provides services that include employment preparation, job placement, career enhancement services and follow-up services. This position reports to the Employment Program Coordinator.
* Assist clients directly in conducting intakes and assessments, develop employment plans, conduct practice interviews, continue to help clients enhance their resumes, and lead career counseling sessions that convey key messages about the importance of employment in becoming self-sufficient.
* Develop and cultivate long term relationships with area employers in order to identify appropriate employment opportunities for clients.
* Determine specific employment opportunities appropriate to clients and assist clients in accessing these opportunities by guiding them through the hiring process.
* Monitor job performance, wage level, and employer/employee satisfaction.
* Assist clients and employers as necessary with post placement issues and continuing employment needs.
* Maintain files and database records to track client progress through all economic development services. Ensure timely and accurate compliance with all reporting requirements.
* Demonstrated experience with the US job search process and the ability to effectively coach clients through the nuanced process of securing employment.
* Excellent communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English. Bilingual ability in one of the predominant languages of the local client base is desired.
* Proven success achieving goals and working effectively with all levels of staff in a multicultural environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Must be a US citizen or legal permanent resident and authorized to work in the U.S.
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Must have a high school diploma or be willing to earn one while serving (undergraduate degree strongly preferred)
* Must commit to one full year of service
Upon completion of service, AmeriCorps will be eligible for an education award of approx. $6,095.
Minimum Education Required