67-09 108th Street
Borough of Queens
Central Queens Y is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community center serving over 10,000 persons of diverse backgrounds in Queens County. The CQY provides a continuum of social, recreational, and educational services for children, families and adults. For over two generations, the Central Queens Y, located in Forest Hills Queens, has been a special place for thousands of families, older adults, children and individuals who participate in its parenting, preschool, after school, cultural arts, camping, health and fitness, social services, and senior programming.
The Employment Coordinator is responsible for assisting clients in obtaining and retaining competitive employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Develop strong working relationships with participants in order to help participants secure and maintain viable and long-lasting employment
- Complete comprehensive vocational assessment, and then vocational counseling and referrals to corresponding hard skills training.
- Guide clients through all facets of job search, including resume revisions, online applications, mock interview sessions, and networking.
- Provide coaching and direct support to youth and adults with limited work history and educational attainment
- Assist clients in developing appropriate social skills and work habits that will result in long term employment or career advancement opportunities
- Advocate on behalf of clients by directly, collaborating with agency staff and building strong relationships with local businesses and other community based organizations to develop job leads that cater to the interests and talent of the people on his/her caseload
- Complete basic reporting requirements including, but not limited to, progress notes and client tracking; ensure data entry is completed by deadline dates as assigned
- Assist participants in removing barriers to employment by making connections to necessary services both within and outside CQY
- Work closely with case management staff to coordinate social services referrals and generate ideas to help clients achieve their education and employment goals
- Provide on-going support to working participants and assist them in maintaining employment by connecting them to additional resources
- Attend trainings and staff meetings, as required
- Possess strong digital literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Knowledge of Google applications such as Gmail, Google Voice, Calendar usage, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Education, Business, Psychology, or related field.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in workforce development, recruiting, human resources preferred.
- Sensitivity towards, and ability to, work with diverse individuals including, but not limited to, immigrants, young adults, single parents, English language learners and other to low-income, high-barrier to employment populations.
- Demonstrated experience working in a goal-driven environment to achieve monthly targets.
- Demonstrated experience effectively teaching or facilitating groups and individuals to achieve a desired outcome using up-to-date techniques/methods.
- Experience providing comprehensive assessment and case management services and/or helping others to large caseload desirable.
- Good judgement and problem solving ability, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure both as an individual and member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills required, ability to effectively conduct meetings, trainings, groups preferred.
Hours: Part-Time (19 hours per week); must be available Friday. Periodic availability for evening events.
Start Date: February 2017
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Email cover letter and résumé as a PDF or Word document only. Please indicate "Employment Coordinator (Part-Time)" in subject of email. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.