Details: Salary range DOE
SteppingStone Adult Day Health Care Services
Program Director - Mabini Center
SteppingStone is San Francisco's largest provider of adult day health care. Licensed by the State Department of Public Health and certified as a MediCal provider with the California Department of Aging, the organization has worked tirelessly since 1983 to help seniors and disabled adults overcome the obstacles to independent living by providing a cost-effective, stimulating, and comprehensive set of health and social services that that are all available under one roof.
Each of the organization's four centers provides an array of services, including nursing and personal care; medical social work services; meals and nutritional services; medication management; physical, occupational, and speech therapies; and social and recreational activities; as well as round trip transportation via wheelchair accessible vans. Presently, SteppingStone serves over 300 ethnically diverse seniors and adults with disabilities each month.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Program Director will supervise overall programming, and develop and maintain a structured Adult Day Health Care program at one of SteppingStone's 4 center locations. The Program Director will be the liaison between the Administrator/Executive Director and the Adult Day Program. The Program Director will be responsible for personnel, administration and program operations. The Program Director may be designated as Acting Executive Director in the Executive Director's absence. The Program Director is a member of the multi-disciplinary team that reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all staff
- Recruit and hire staff under the direction of the Administrator/Executive Director
- Provide orientation and training for newly hired staff
- Oversee and complete annual evaluations of staff, and evaluations at the end of the introductory period for new employees
- Provide staff with Employee Handbook and ensures their understanding of policies
- Monitor contracts of consultants and supervises compliance with participant's plan of care
- Terminate staff (with approval from the Executive Director)
- Coordinate and review independent contractor performance, monitors contract hours
- Plan staff development, including in-service and annual staff training's
- Plan for and conduct meetings for staff and multi-disciplinary team
- Develop and update personnel manual to ensure compliance to state and funding regulatory bodies
- Monitor time sheets, and sick time and vacation usage
- Review personnel charts for compliance
- Knowledgeable of content and format and able to produce accurate and timely end-of-month reports
- Maintain records for County and State reporting
- Complete all necessary County and State reporting requirements
- Maintain data required by funding agencies
- Develop program activities within SteppingStone budget parameters
- Direct the accurate and timely submission of information required by Medi-Cal and other state agencies
- Assist in developing and monitoring fiscal control systems, maintain accurate records and compile statistical reports
- Monitor changes in Medi-Cal and other state bodies requirement's and adjusts SteppingStone policy for compliance
- Coordinate all Medi-Cal requirements including accurate and timely TAR and IPC paperwork
- Monitor participant case mix, ADA, and discharge data
- Develop and update ADHC policy manual
- Update Medi-Cal and ADHC procedure manuals
- Develop all paperwork and forms for services provision and tracking
- Participate in long term planning, communicates agency vision
- Perform site visits
- Set and inform caregivers of SteppingStone policies
- Coordinate UR committee and follow-up
- Monitor all incident reports and grievance proceedings
- Report center operations summary to Executive Director
- Function as a liaison to community organizations
- Monitor client Intake and Screening process
- Monitor client and family condition
- Provide counseling and support to families and caregivers
- Determine client fee schedule
- Facilitate and/or coordinates support groups
- Coordinate family education and training
- Develop and implement new service areas and projects
- Coordinate and implement the day-to-day operation of SteppingStone's ADCRC and ADHC programs, including transportation services
- Ensure that services are adequate and appropriate, continually evaluates the participants changing needs and makes necessary program adjustments
- Monitor implementation of food program: Complies with regulations, documentation and reimbursement
- Monitor coordination of daily schedule and participant involvement and participation
- Responsible for agency safety program, as listed as Safety Officer
- Obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid certification
D. Community Relations and Coordination, Outreach and Marketing
- Assist with marketing and outreach efforts
- Provide technical assistance to professionals and service providers
- Produce newsletter and other communication collateral
E. Site Responsibilities
- Responsible for safety and security for all sites
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all sites
- Responsible for reviewing equipment, medical and program supplies and related items at all sites
F. Other Duties as Assigned
This person must: hold an LCSW license; have a Bachelor's Degree in a Human Service field and be a professional in the field of Nursing, Social Work, Physical, Gerontology, Occupational, Recreational or Speech Therapy, Psychology or have equivalent experience; be knowledgeable of the physical, mental, and social needs of the elderly; be experienced in supervising staff and program development; and have a demonstrable aptitude for working with elderly. Experience in adult day support services and experience in the provision of counseling, support groups and assessments for individuals affected by dementia is preferred. The Program Director must obtain CPR and First Aid cards and keep them current, must have a valid California driver’s license.
Experience in adult day support services and experience in the provision of counseling, support groups and assessments for individuals affected by dementia is preferred.
Must be able to safely perform all physical and manual movements needed for job functions. Must be able to carry out job instructions promptly and willingly, and to follow established procedures accurately. Must be flexible, positive and cooperative in solving problems and working with other staff in constantly changing and sometimes stressful circumstances.
Must be able to move around the facility as well as sit at a workstation. Lifting up to 10 lbs. occurs about half the time, while lifting up to and above 25 lbs. occurs only occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach forward with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Comprehensive benefits package includes 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance; paid leave (vacation/sick leave/holiday) and voluntary 403(b) and vision coverage.
Level of Language Proficiency
Applicants fluent in Cantonese, Spanish, or Tagolog are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: please email cover letter, resume, and salary expectations (required) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Program Director” in subject line. Please know that we are unable to provide or fund relocation for this position.
For more information about SteppingStone, visit http://www.steppingstonehealth.org/index.html