Prevention Supervisor (LCSW/LMSW/LMHC) - Manhattan
- Job posted by New Alternatives for Children of New York City
37 West 26th Street, 7th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Supervisor to join its Special Medical/Developmental Prevention Program.
The Prevention Supervisor will provide clinical and administrative supervision and professional leadership to a team of master’s level social workers and mental health clinicians at our Manhattan location. The ideal candidate will be strength-based, trauma-informed, culturally competent and committed to family preservation and resilience. This position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to coach and support staff in developing strong relationships with at-risk families and an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative multidisciplinary team composed of pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, clinicians, education and recreation specialists, and more!
Title of Position: Prevention Supervisor (LCSW/LMSW/LMHC)
Position Type: Full-time
Location: 37 W 26th St., 11th Floor | New York, NY 10010
Program: Special Medical/Developmental Preventive Services
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical and casework supervision for 4 master’s level social workers/mental health clinicians and a case aide.
- Accompany social workers into the field for intakes and other visits as needed.
- Participate in Planning, Elevated Risk, and Child Safety Conferences as needed.
- Completion of supervisory documentation including monthly case review notes and professional development logs in accordance with ACS guidelines.
- Complete staff evaluations in accordance with agency policy.
- Ensure that progress notes, FASP/service plans, case forms and monthly statistics are timely, complete, and in compliance with NAC and ACS requirements.
- Monitor and ensure staff training and development.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with ACS, referral sources, and community resources and providers.
- Biannual audit preparation and response.
- Participate in weekly Management Team Meetings and monthly Clinical and Departmental Meetings.
- Work collaboratively with psychiatrists, psychologists, pediatricians, nurses, education specialists and fellow social workers in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
Required Education and Experience:
- LCSW, LMSW or LMHC from an accredited school required
- Supervisory experience with master’s level clinicians and/or students
- Prior experience in preventive services or child welfare is preferred
- Knowledge of city-wide community resources and housing and entitlement systems a plus
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent clinical skills
- Self-awareness and motivation around team building
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred (and includes a salary differential)
How to Apply:
When applying, indicate “Prevention Supervisor- Manhattan” in the subject line, and submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.
Minimum Education Required