Business Office/Human Resources Coordinator (Prospect Park YMCA)
- Job posted by YMCA of Greater New York
Details: $14.48 P/H - $21.00 P/H
357 9th Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will, under the supervision of the Executive Director, provide administrative support to the branch’s Operations, Fund Development, Business Office departments and the branch’s board.
- Manage office inventory, branch IT support and purchasing of supplies.
- Responsible for batch closing in a timely manner and accounts payable as needed.
- Process HR employment, volunteer documents, and create labor schedule.
- Process employment benefits in a timely manner.
- Produce and maintain financial and government reports.
- Maintain a tracking/filing system for all gifts/pledges that meet the requirements of audits.
- Support Director, Communication & Fund Development to coordinate requests for AS400 and other online searches to report on donor and prospect history, statistics and reports.
- Handle mailings produced in-house including merges as needed to maintain and increase donor base as well as communicate with members and community, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Business Office and other departments as needed to ensure effective communication from the Executive and Business Office.
- Manage facility space usage and rentals; maintain the calendar.
- Maintain Executive Director’s Calendar.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Prepare and organize board materials in a timely fashion as well as prepare agenda and minutes of each committee to ensure smooth operation of meetings that will overall impact on the success of the branch and the board.
- Assist in the planning and executing of events related to the Annual Fundraising initiative, the Annual Campaign and branch events to ensure a well-organized and successful event.
- Model the Y’s 4 core values; to ensure maximum quality of Annual Campaign and Board Affairs.
- Attend Committee meetings, Board meetings, and special events to build relationships with Y professionals/leaders and supporters.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience of administrative experience, working with staff and volunteers, and community relations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AS400 database management, Fund Development, and Board Development.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
- Excellent project management, and organizational skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Business Office/Human Resources Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Prospect Park YMCA
Attn.: Anika Chaudhry
357 Ninth Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.