Details: Low $40s
4110 Chain Bridge Road
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will provide critical support to a wide range of marketing and communications efforts to achieve association goals. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and delivering valuable information for Fairfax Bar Association (FBA) members and related audiences. The Coordinator designs and manages marketing and communications programs to contribute to successful FBA meetings, educational programs, and special events, and to increase awareness of the value of FBA membership.
- Coordinate content updates to the FBA and Fairfax Law Foundation (FLF) websites and ensure the marketing and communications efforts are accurately reflected in this medium in a timely manner
- Develop and manage the FBA online community environment to share resources for FBA meetings and other projects
- Ensure effective integration of website with related FBA information systems (FBA membership database and online community)
Marketing & Graphic Design
- Create overall FBA and FLF marketing and communications strategies, in collaboration with volunteer leaders
- Create annual and event-specific marketing plans for FBA meetings and events
- Develop annual marketing plan for FBA membership programs
- Design and produce various marketing and promotional materials
- Support internal and external communications efforts
- Manage daily implementation of social media plans, including monitoring activity and engagement on the various platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Prepare weekly Blast Email to membership using Constant Contact, with input from each FBA program area
- Draft articles for FBA & FLF publications
- Coordinate FBA email list announcements to FBA committees, sections and general membership
- Identify gaps in FBA information resources and explore new publication options as needed
- Provide staff support, direction and assistance to the FBA as needed
- Manage other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- College Degree or equivalent training or experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent command of English language, including possession of superior grammar, punctuation, editing and proofreading skills
- Basic computer skills, including word processing, e-mail and website use/navigation, as well as experience with graphic design, Adobe Acrobat, and the Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of HTML also helpful
- Knowledge of publication/printing industry and the ability to work well under deadline
- Commitment to delivering superior customer service to both FBA members and the public
- Basic photography skills helpful
- "Self-starter” possessing ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, and solve communications problems on a daily basis
- Ability to work well with others
Excellent benefits including health, dental, life, and retirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The FBA will offer salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The FBA is an equal-opportunity employer.
The deadline for applications is June 11, 2018.
Materials submitted must include a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements. Qualified candidates are encouraged to provide work samples, including press releases, articles, flyers, marketing plans, etc.
Mail or email to: Courtnie Norris, Executive Director, Fairfax Bar Association, 4110 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 216, Fairfax, VA 22030; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local candidates only, no relocation.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls, please.