2414 South Albany Avenue
1. Responsible for maintaining, updating and submitting routine and ad-hoc reports, as necessary.
2. Maintains up-to-date and accurate client files and databases, as required by agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing, funding or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations.
3. Completes all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing, funding or accrediting bodies.
4. Works with enrolled families to develop Family Partnerships/Goals to assist with but not limited to job readiness, bill assistance and additional social service needs either by referrals within Catholic Charities or external agencies.
5. Contacts families with the assistance of the Head Start Health Aide to ensure completion of medical forms.
6. Enrolls children into the Head Start program and ensures all necessary signatures, documents and paperwork is completed.
7. Coordinates and completes mental health data tracking on children identified for individual observations.
8. Facilitates and organizes workshops, trainings and social events for participants and families to enhance parentings skills, understand child development and prepare for job readiness.
9. Participates in on-going recruitment activities designed to increase enrollment in the program.
10. Maintains up to date knowledge in the field by attending seminars, workshops and in-service trainings, obtain at least 20 professional development hours annually per requirements of Gateways to Opportunity, obtains Gateways to Opportunity credentials relevant to position and works to increase credential levels as applicable to funding, accrediting and regulatory requirements.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or in a related Social Service field, and course work in Early Childhood Development. Three years of experience in social services and/or in Head Start programs. Knowledge of Social Services and/or in Head Start Programs or Head Start Performance Standards in Social Services. CPR and First Aide certifications.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or in a related Social Service field. One year of experience in social services and/or in Head Start programs or knowledge Head Start Performance Standards in Social Services. CPR and First Aide certifications within the first 12 months of employment.
Other Requirements: Must be able to walk, run and participate in physical activities with small children. Must be able to bend, stoop and sit at the children's level. Must be able to rearrange classroom equipment and supplies.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required