524 West 59th Street
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, in New York City, is seeking a temporary data entry assistant to support staff in data entry and data cleaning tasks.
About the Prisoner Reentry Institute
The Prisoner Reentry Institute (PRI) is a center of research and action at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice. PRI has a diverse portfolio of projects that focus on identifying what it takes for people to live successfully in the community after justice involvement and on increasing the effectiveness of the professionals and systems working with them. Capitalizing on its position within a large public university and recognizing the transformational power of education, PRI focuses much of its work on increasing access to higher education for people with criminal histories. PRI’s comprehensive and strategic approach includes direct service, research, technical assistance, and policy advocacy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
PRI oversees three direct-service higher education programs to support students in preparing for, applying to, and graduating from college. These programs have collected information in a variety of paper forms. We are looking for someone who has an eye for detail and is comfortable asking questions in a fast-paced environment to enter data into a variety of Excel files. We are interested in hiring someone who is available to come into our office (555 West 57th St) to enter data approximately 20 to 30 hours a week between 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. The data entry assistant will support staff in data entry and data cleaning activities. More specifically, responsibilities include:
· Entering data from paper forms into a variety of Excel data files;
· Reviewing Excel data files for accuracy (spelling, formatted dates, etc.);
· Assisting with organizing data forms and files;
· Creating Excel data files for data entry;
· Communicating questions with staff to resolve data entry and data cleaning questions; and
· Retrieving data from external sources (such as NYC Department of Correction “Inmate Lookup”) and entering into Excel data files.
We are looking for someone with the following skills to fill this position:
· Has attention to detail;
· Has experience working with Excel data files (data entry or data cleaning);
· Is well organized;
· Is comfortable asking questions; and
· Is comfortable independently.
We will give preference to those applicants who have experience with data entry or data cleaning tasks.
Salary and Availability
· This position will pay $15-$20 per hour, depending on experience.
· Ideally candidates will be available for approximately 20-30 hours a week, between 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M, during the next four to six months.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=JJ-1809-002717