Community Music Center of Boston
34 Warren Acenue
Summary of Position
The Music Center’s Grant Writer is primarily responsible for identifying, soliciting, and tracking foundation, corporate, and government support, ensuring that general operations and specific programs are adequately funded.
Status: Part-Time (24 hours/wk)
Start Date: August/September 2018
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Works Closely w/: Administrative Staff, Program Managers, Board and Corporation members
- Develop in-depth understanding of CMCB operations and specific programs; gather budget and financial date, visit program sites, and write basic descriptive material to use in grant solicitations.
- Write and submit grant applications to corporations, foundations, and government agencies.
- Devise and maintain a grant tracking system, with contact information and deadlines, and comprehensive files (electronic and hard copy) for all granting organizations.
- Ensure gifts are properly acknowledged and recorded.
- Conduct prospect research during non-peak times– online, phone, in person – to identify new sources of funding.
- Ensure that reporting requirements are complied with, and that granting organizations receive required reports in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years of experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization, preferably in the arts or education.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, computer, and database skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Attention to detail, organizational ability, and follow-through.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of both internal and external constituents, including parents, children, faculty, other staff members, community members, and others.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, adjust quickly to shifting priorities, meet deadlines, and handle high-pressure situations.
- Interest and enthusiasm for music and the arts; active participation in music a plus.
- Ability to speak a second language a plus.
Interested candidates should upload a cover letter (ATTN: Catherine Miller, Chief Advancement Officer) and resume to: http://cmcb.mytribehr.com/careers/view/58
Application Deadline is August 15, 2018.
Please no calls, walk-ins or emails.
ABOUT COMMUNITY MUSIC CENTER OF BOSTON
Community Music Center of Boston (www.cmcb.org) is an accredited non-profit music school in Boston's South End. Our mission to transform lives throughout Greater Boston, by providing equitable access to excellent music education and powerful arts experiences. The Music Center serves more than 5,000 students each week, on-site at our South End facility in the Boston Center for the Arts and in more than 40 outreach locations, including public schools, community/senior centers, and medical facilities. We are the largest external provider of arts education in the Boston Public Schools. Core Music Center programs include individual and group instruction in more than 25 instruments; outreach instruction in Boston Public Schools; an Intensive Study Project providing private instruction, theory and performances to prepare students for college-level study; early childhood programs; and music therapy for individuals with a wide range of physical, cognitive, emotional and/or social life needs.
Community Music Center of Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to speak a second language a plus.
Minimum Education Required