211 East 46 St
STUDENT SERVICES ASSISTANT
The Student Development and Enrollment Management (SDEM) unit at the Lebanese American University (LAU) is looking for a full-time employee to be an integral part of our team in the role of Student Services Assistant. The position is based in the LAU Headquarters and Academic Center (LAU NY) in midtown Manhattan and reports to the Vice President of SDEM.
The Student Services Assistant will work primarily with the SINARC Arabic Language for Foreigners Program as well as the Outreach and Civic Engagement (OCE) unit. The assistant will also be the point person for LAU students who are studying in the USA, in coordination with the Office of International Services (OIS) in Lebanon.
· Process tuition payments and transcript requests
· Coordinate with faculty in scheduling of courses
· Communicate with prospective students of the NY courses and Beirut study abroad program
· Administer placement tests to prospective SINARC NY students
· Coordinate with Human Resources to write faculty contracts
· Maintain communication with the SINARC Beirut team to ensure a cohesive programmatic structure
· Administer surveys to SINARC NY students in the middle and at end of each semester; analyze data to note good practices and room for improvement
· Collaborate with the SINARC Beirut team and the Director of Communications in NY to develop innovative strategies to promote the programs
· Assist in the coordination of two annual Global Classrooms International Model United Nations (GCI MUN) conferences and one annual Global Outreach and Leadership Development conference (GOLD).
· Recruit speakers for the conferences from UN and US government agencies
· Maintain communication with Faculty Advisors from schools that attend the conferences
· Assist with event planning and logistics (i.e. ordering of supplies, paying of invoices, booking of food vendors, reservation of technological equipment)
· Process purchase orders and checks received
· Arrange for touristic and educational student outings
· Collaborate with the OCE team in Lebanon and the Director of Communications in NY to develop innovative strategies to promote the programs
General SDEM Duties:
· Field phone calls and assist with a variety of other inquiries on topics ranging from admissions, financial aid, transcripts, payments and conference information.
· Network with NY universities and international partners in coordination with OIS
· Provide creative solutions to departmental issues.
· Book accommodations and coordinate meetings.
· Carry out other general administrative duties and tasks.
· Energetic, positive and adaptable demeanor
· Experience with Model United Nations programs and/or conferences
· Bachelor's Degree
· Arabic language fluency is preferred
· Experience with study abroad and/or foreign language programs
· Experience and interest in higher education, specifically international education
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and CV to: Marge Pfleiderer, Executive Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org, with Student Services in the subject line. Application deadline is March 31, 2018.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and CV to: Marge Pfleiderer, Executive Director of Operations at email@example.com, with Student Services in the subject line.