The Human Resources Assistant/Intern assists with the day-to-day operation of Human Resources, and provides support to the HR team will all functions, including recruitment, payroll, onboarding of new employees, employee training and events, and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with day to day operation of Human Resources by providing support and assistance to members of the HR team.
• Process highly confidential and sensitive information; file documentation into appropriate employee files, verify I-9 documentation, respond to in-person inquiries, prepare and distribute materials to employees as requested.
• Assist with the recruitment process by reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, conduct phone screenings, and reference checks.
• Audit existing HR hard copy records/employee files with assistance from HR member.
• Assemble new hire orientation packets for onboarding new hires.
• Coordinate logistics of onboarding activities/events.
• Coordinate health and wellness reimbursement program.
• Develop recommendations to improve Trinity’s health and wellness program.
• Assist with researching upcoming lunch and learn/spotlight ideas and topics, screen potential presenters and provide support in scheduling the lunch and learn/spotlight events.
• Assist with registration and confirmation for staff events and trainings.
• Coordinate logistics for staff events and training sessions.
• Conduct research on new initiatives, tracking systems and HR best practices; present clearly organized findings and ways to implement these practices within the organization as requested.
• Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures and rules.
• Perform all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
• Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills; professional and discreet
• Curious, creative and independent thinker
• Highly organized, demonstrated project management skills, and able to juggle multiple projects
• Demonstrated experience in creating data-driven reports and conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Adaptable to shifting priorities and a sense of humor
Required and Preferred Education, Experience, and Credentials:
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required, or an equivalent combination of training and experience required
• Two or more years of human resources and/or office experience required
• Interest in Human Resources, experience in the field preferred
• Non-profit work experience preferred
• Project management experience preferred
• Highly organized and fastidious with detailed project work
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/about/careers