1400 14th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
This full-time position provides vital program support for the Youth Advocacy Program at the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK). This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Youth Advocacy Manager.
The Youth Advocacy Associate provides programmatic support across all youth advocacy projects, and is responsible for coordinating the engagement of youth in priority policy work on the local, state and federal level.
Support the Youth Advocacy Training Program’s Development, Implementation & Tracking
· Support development of training materials, including web content, promotional items, and training content.
· Track participation in programming and compile metrics as needed.
· Provide technical assistance to training participants.
· As needed, make presentations and conduct youth advocacy workshops and training sessions on behalf of CTFK for youth advocates and advisors across the country.
Support Engagement of Youth Advocates
· Assist in the implementation of National Youth Ambassador Program for youth action network of 20+ youth leaders per year across the United States.
· Support development and implementation of ongoing distance-based training of National Youth Ambassadors through online trainings, webinars, conference calls, and monthly briefings.
· Help plan and execute a multi-day Symposium for National Youth Ambassadors.
· Support in the selection of Youth Advocates of the Year as well as planning of subsequent Youth Advocates of the Year Awards activities.
Coordinate CTFK’s Local, State, and Federal Youth Advocacy Activities
· Coordinate with advocacy teams to identify youth groups and leaders in target cities, states and congressional districts for calls to action as needed.
· Facilitate development of youth advocate Letters to the Editor and Op-Eds to support advocacy initiatives in collaboration with Communications team.
· Facilitate youth engagement in CTFK digital advocacy campaigns.
· Facilitate youth engagement in local town halls and in-district meetings as needed.
· Follow-up with youth advocates as needed on ongoing advocacy projects to support priority initiatives.
Support Kick Butts Day (KBD),
(A national day of activism consisting of anti-tobacco events across the globe)
· Support development of content for KBD blogs, e-mails and website throughout the year.
· Support coordination between Kick Butts Day and priority state campaigns to host impactful advocacy events
· Support outreach to partner organizations and promotion of Kick Butts Day.
Support the Youth Engagement Alliance (YEA)
(For tobacco control networks for adult tobacco control coordinators)
· Support development of content for YEA website, blogs and e-mails throughout the year.
· Assist in the planning and execution of Coordinator Camp, a multi-day conference for adult leaders in tobacco control.
· Promote Youth Engagement Alliance network, boost membership and maintain Coordinator database
· Work collaboratively with other departments on special projects as assigned.
· Foster ongoing relationships with CTFK partners in accordance with events and special projects, particularly Kick Butts Day.
· 1-2 years of professional experience doing similar types of work.
· Experience working with youth or youth-related policy
· Understanding of advocacy and the policy process
· Excellent communications skills - writing, group engagement and public speaking
· Ability to operate independently within a team environment and with only general supervision.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with varied deadlines.
· Sound organizational skills and detail-orientation.
· Ability to remain flexible and modify priorities as needed.
· Significant experience with Microsoft Office, and social networking tools.
· Excellent creative thinking skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science, or related field.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, including salary history, and attach your resume to: email@example.com . Please reference the position code: PAYA-04 in the subject line of your email. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.