- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
- a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a Certified Nurse’s Aide- CNA who will provide direct care services to adults living in a Residential Program.
- The Certified Nurse’s Aide- CNA will provide specialized direct care services for adults who face challenges presented by developmental disabilities.
- S/he will work cooperatively with staff and program participants as assigned to implement objectives and therapeutic activities that support Individual Service Plan goals.
- We are looking for someone who strive to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Coordinate personal care schedule for program staff to meet all the needs of the program.
- Utilize training in personal care needs to engage individuals.
- Perform personal care functions for individuals with disabilities, including changing, toileting, feeding, and laundry.
- Train individuals to increase independent functioning in self-care and activities of daily living related to personal care, including personal hygiene, grooming, and eating.
- Report medical and health concerns to LPN, RNs and Program Directors and provide emergency interventions.
- Participate in the development and implementation Individual Service Plans as a member of the residential Services team.
- Ensure that the program participants’ needs are met and communicated with program staff and treatment team according to regulations and prescribed need.
- Experience – two years in a training program working with this population.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in human services related field preferred Licensure – Certification as a Nurse’s Aide.
- Physical - Ability to operate accessible vans equipped with lifts.
- Assist adult men and women of various ages with physical, intellectual, psychiatric and/or developmental disabilities.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Keywords: Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Care Worker, Caregiver, Group Home, Residential Counselor, Direct Care, DSP, CNA, HHA, Medical, Healthcare Advocacy, Support, Human Services, Nonprofit
Driving License Required? Yes
Minimum Education Required