Details: Commensurate with experience.
CENTINELA YOUTH SERVICES (CYS), INC.
A Private Nonprofit Corporation
Case Manager II Position
The mission of Centinela Youth Services (CYS) is to strengthen families and communities by empowering youth to resolve conflicts and overcome obstacles in order to become successful students and contributing adults. Centinela Youth Services (CYS) is a 501c3 non-profit, restorative justice organization established in 1975 to provide mediation and conflict resolution services to at-risk youth. CYS operates a variety of innovative programs that are proven to increase student performance; reduce school dropout rates, gang involvement, youth violence and crime and ultimately help preserve families.
This position will be assigned to The Valley Restorative Justice Center (ERJC), and assigned to provide in-home and community based services throughout the San Fernando Valley. The Restorative Justice Center is an innovative service established by CYS to provide evidence-based mediation services linked to intensive case management and wraparound community-based services to significantly reduce the number of teens attached to the juvenile justice system.
Salary & Benefits: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), salary commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling, sociology, human services, psychology or closely related field AND two years of case management experience in social work and/or juvenile justice or a closely related field.
- Experience providing in-home and/or community-based direct services to families.
- Ability to travel between sites. This position will be initially based in Inglewood, but will later be assigned to the San Fernando Valley providing in-home and community services throughout the San Fernando Valley. Occasional assignment of cases in the South Los Angeles and South Bay area as needed. This position will often be required to report to the main office in Inglewood at least once per week for staff meetings and supervision. There will also be some travel between other CYS offices in South LA and Hawthorne.
- Case Management experience or related position within social service organizations
- Experience in interviewing youth and their families and assessing personal, health, educational, social or financial needs and risk factors
- Experience providing case management services to children, youth and their families, including the identification and pursuit of resources necessary and appropriate to meet clients’ needs
- Experience providing culturally relevant services
- Experience working with adolescents and high risk populations, including sound crisis management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to connect with a variety of audiences
- Candidate must also be able to work well under stress and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge about trauma and its effects on youth and families
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in regards to job duties and assignments
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and various software packages
- Must pass background clearance and TB test.
- Bilingual Spanish/English (Required)
- Experience or knowledge of Restorative Justice
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing
General Functions and Responsibilities: Under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager, the Case Manager II will provide comprehensive strengths-based case management services to youth involved in or at risk of being involved in the juvenile justice system. This position will directly provide case management services to families in the San Fernando Valley. Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct intake and assessment; direct service linkage and referral; case planning and contracting; case coordination and advocacy; and follow up
- Responsible for the comprehensive evaluation of bio-psycho-social, emotional, educational, vocational and functional needs of youth and their families. Including identifying risk factors and strengths.
- Provide case management and advocacy for youth and their families enrolled in the Valley Restorative Justice Center in order to access needed services and meet the requirements for enrollment and successful completion of the program
- Develop an individualized service plan in coordination with CYS/ERJC continuum of care as well as leverage relevant community resources as needed; Case Manager must participate in collaborative service planning and have an understanding of the stages of change and development
- Support identified youth in meeting their specified goals in increasing emotional, behavioral, and mental health stability so that they can minimize their risk of involvement with the Justice System
- Provide crisis prevention, intervention and safety planning services, along with stress management and life skills development
- Works closely with referral agencies (law enforcement, schools, probation, district attorney) and internal personnel to ensure coordinated and effective services
- Maintain regular contact with service providers and referring agency to monitor youth progress
- Make weekly home and school visitations according to identified service plan
- Is a Mandated Reporter of suspected cases of child abuse and neglect
- Maintains up-to-date confidential records in CYS Connect database and office records
- Prepares case histories, reports, maintains records and chronological logs of case activities
- Occasionally represent CYS Restorative Justice programs in County and community meetings, and professional associations
- Engage in individual supervision twice a month
- Participate in training activities as directed and in monthly Case Management meetings as well as All Staff Meetings, and case reviews
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Performing duties of the Case Manager may require spending the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting and regularly driving back and forth to off-site locations. Must possess a valid California driver’s license, have use of a reliable vehicle and provide evidence of automobile liability insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Recruitment for this position will end upon receipt of a sufficient number of resumes. Only those applicants with the most relevant qualifications and knowledge will be invited to participate in the oral interview. No phone calls please.
CYS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
CYS, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Therefore, applicants who may need reasonable accommodation or other assistance in relation to a disability or religion, at any point within the application process or thereafter if hired, should immediately inform CYS, Inc. by sending an email to email@example.com. To learn more about CYS, Inc. or the services provided, you may visit the website at cys-la.org.