Better Tomorrows is a mission-focused not for profit organization. Our mission is to alleviate poverty and provide programs, supportive services, and case management to over 26,000 residents of affordable housing in more than 100 communities across the nation and in Hawaii and the Virgin Islands.
We are searching for a seasoned, reliable, and creative individual to engage residents and community stakeholders in the coordination of activities, programs and events for families and senior residents.
Engagement and Support:
- Ensures a safe and welcoming environment for residents complete with group activities and individual appointments available to all residents on the property.
- Determines level of care and caseload depending on resident needs and existing supports and community-based services and external partners in providing comprehensive resident care
- Creates service goals and plans with residents, monitors progress and support residents in achieving their goals. Facilitates and in some cases initiates referrals to contract providers and outside agencies as appropriate based on resident need.
- Actively promotes the use of community resources and educational opportunities to residents. Shares educational and employment resources with external services, encouraging residents to build the skill base required to succeed.
- Facilitates/implements the following resident programs, activities and social services, including but not limited to: Out of school time, GED preparation, Post High School Training and Education, Job Readiness, Food Distribution, Financial Literacy and Health and Wellness and Housekeeping workshops.
- Develop and utilize resource files for making resident referrals to those in need of specific services. Provides referral follow-ups to make sure residents remain connected with services.
- Coordinate/facilitate neighborhood watch and community-wide events focused on developing safe and strong communities i.e. National Night Out and Wellness Fairs.
- Documents community activities and events in ETO. Produces written summaries and photos with obtained consents that record events; provides information to owners, managers, agencies and residents through email communication, newsletters and special mailings.
- Coordinates and manages volunteers, engaging them in supporting resident activities and services.
- Assumes the role of Community Ambassador, cultivating new relationships with community-based organizations, educational and faith-based institutions and political affiliates.
- Related degree in Social Services field preferred,
- Minimum five (5) years hands-on work experience in Social Service Delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Organized, reliable and flexible attitude about work and teamwork
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume, including salary requirements to HR@Bettertomorrows.org. Only resumes with salary requirements will be submitted to the hiring manager for consideration. Qualified applicants must consent to and meet the pre-employment screening requirements for a Criminal Background Check and Drug Test. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time position, twenty (20) hours a week - Salary: $17- $20/hour