Details: competitive salary commensurate with experience
711 Park Ave W
The Board of Directors of the Metro Denver Homeless Initiative seeks a dynamic, collaborative, and visionary leader to serve as the Executive Director of the seven-county Continuum of Care (CoC) in its mission to prevent and end homelessness.
The Metro Denver Homeless Initiative is a non-profit organization with over 20 years of leadership in addressing homelessness in the seven-county region. The organization has increased capacity and effectiveness recently and seeks a person who can lead and increase organizational effectiveness in the following areas:
· Promote a clear and actionable understanding of how to end homelessness throughout the region.
· Advance partnerships and collaboration to increase housing opportunities and services.
· Use data to address inequity, guide decision making, allocate resources, and improve accountability.
· Provide courageous leadership that includes input from people experiencing homelessness and honors the organization’s commitment to ending homelessness.
1. Implement MDHI Strategic Plan and recommend improvements as needed.
2. Improve the regional coordinated assessment system called OneHome.
3. Implement the new Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), expand HMIS coverage in the CoC, and use HMIS to measure program and system performance.
4. Increase housing opportunities and funding for appropriate support services through both increased funding and strategic allocation of current resources
5. Lead efforts to organize and educate regional funders on what works to end homelessness.
6. Manage organizational growth and change.
7. Expand and diversify the revenue sources for the agency to ensure financial stability.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Leadership and Management
. Continuum of Care administration
· Oversee the completion of the annual HUD Continuum of Care application
· Maintain positive working relationships with HUD Field Office staff
· Communicate CoC role and strategic priorities
· Oversee the implementation and evaluation of the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) to meet HUD data quality standards and CoC performance standards
· Oversee the implementation and evaluation of Emergency Solutions Grant funds
· Further develop the regional coordinated entry system (OneHome)
· Monitor and implement all requirements of the HUD HEARTH Act
· Communicate CoC vision to end homelessness and meet HEARTH requirements
· Provide vision and direction for use of MDHI public relations tools including website, e- newsletter and media releases to support distribution of information about homelessness in the Denver Metro region
· Develop positive working relationships with print and TV media to effectively communicate the issues related to homelessness
· Participate in events to educate volunteers, the faith community, and community partners about the needs of people experiencing homelessness in their own community.
· Monitor and support legislative and legal actions at the federal, state, county and city level which may impact people experiencing homelessness
Development and Community Education
. Revenue diversification and sustainability
· Expand the revenue sources for the agency so that diversification will ensure financial stability for MDHI
· Formulate strategies to pursue federal, state and local funding that supports the core mission and competencies of MDHI and aligns with the goal of building a high-performing system to end homelessness
· Organize and implement the agency’s grants management process to meet funder regulations and grant performance goals
· Complete onsite and remote monitoring of MDHI sub-recipients as required by funders
· Provide leadership and oversight for all technical submissions to HUD
Continuum of Care Board Development
· Support the Board of Directors in the conduct of their fiduciary and leadership responsibilities through open and timely reporting and effective communication
· Participate in the recruitment of Board candidates that reflect the Continuum of Care’s various affinity groups
· Direct and coordinate strategic plan activities identified by the MDHI Board of Directors in relationship to the stated MDHI mission, goals, and values
Financial and Human Resource Management
· Lead the development of the annual agency budget for submission to the MDHI Board for review and approval
· Monitor MDHI’s financial performance against annual budget, notify Board of changes in MDHI’s financial position, and recommend strategies to maintain MDHI’s financial stability
· Oversee auditor selection process, preparation of documentation for annual audit, and audit completion process (including completion and submission of 990)
· Ensure that MDHI grants are properly maintained
· Oversee maintenance of corporate documents
· Supervise staff and partner with the Deputy Director to manage team members
· Oversee employee evaluation process
· Oversee maintenance of payroll records and vacation accrual records
· Lead annual employee benefits negotiations
· Lead purchasing process for technology and equipment purchases in conformance with generally accepted accounting principles
Partnerships and Collaboration
· Create and maintain collaborative relationships with jurisdictional partners, supporting the integration of various funding streams targeted to gaps in the Continuum of Care
· Develop and conduct regional meetings to coordinate the policies of corrections, hospitals, and courts systems regarding discharge planning to avoid homelessness
· Develop relationships with the business community to educate leaders about the true costs of homelessness in our community, the role that businesses can play in ending homelessness and community programs that merit their engagement and support
· Design and conduct regular Continuum of Care meetings that engage, educate and motivate a broad spectrum of community stakeholders toward best practices to end homelessness in our region
· Increase stakeholder (CoC membership) involvement in all facets of MDHI activities and functions
Research and Evaluation
· Oversee the Point-in-Time Count, reporting results to the region and to jurisdictions for use in their consolidated planning
· Complete the annual regional housing inventory count (HIC) to assess current resources and define gaps for future funding
· Provide reliable, evidence-based data and research-based best practices for use in decision making by the region’s government, nonprofit, business and research-based entities
· Analyze CoC outcomes-based performance over time in support of increased funding
· Complete other duties as assigned
Qualifications and desired skills sets:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
· 5 years of progressive management and supervisory experience
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated community and agency leadership
· Knowledgeable in field of housing and homeless services
· Experienced in developing and maintaining collaborative, effective partnerships MDHI offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.