37 West 26th Street, 7th floor
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning health care and social service agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, which serves children living with medical complexity, disabilities or serious emotional or psychiatric disturbance and their families. NAC is currently seeking a Bilingual Homefinder (Social Worker) for the agency’s Foster Care and Adoption Program.
Department: Foster Care and Adoption
Position Type: Full-time
- To assess and prepare prospective foster/adoptive families who will provide homes for children in need. Facilitates the matching process of children referred for placement with the most appropriate family.
- Collaborates with agency Recruiter to identify prospective families through community outreach, recruitment fairs, and orientation programs.
- Assesses foster parent applicants for their potential suitability as a foster/adoptive parent through in home and office interviews to all household members.
- Co-trains prospective foster families in approved pre-certification training curriculum and assists Foster Parent Trainer in ongoing recertification foster parent training for licensed foster parents as necessary.
- Completes all ACS and NAC paperwork in a timely manner and ensures that documentation in foster parent records conforms to agency, City and State regulatory requirements.
- Maintains caseload through CONNECTIONS, including bed availability, training, and annual re-certification of assigned families. Maintains hard copy of foster parent records.
- Accepts referrals for placement and facilitates appropriate placements into certified homes.
- Participates in Family Team Conferences and Case Reviews as needed.
- Responsible for 24-hour on-call duty coverage on a rotating basis.
- May provide individual therapy and/or group work services as assigned.
- May be asked to assist other units on an as needed basis.
- Minimum Requirements:
- MSW from an accredited school of social work; LMSW preferred;
- Child Welfare experience; prior work in foster care preferred;
- Prior experience working with diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Comprehensive oral and written Spanish language skills required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Comprehensive oral and written Spanish language skills required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
When applying, indicate “Bilingual Homefinder/Social Worker” in the subject line, and email cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
To learn more about New Alternatives for Children, Inc., please visit our website: www.nackidscan.org
“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY”