Under direct supervision, maintains main office supply inventory and coordinates orders with the Purchasing Coordinator. Prepares purchase orders/requisitions for the Center’s routine items (IT, office supplies, etc.).
- Performs checks with Purchasing Coordinator on main office supply inventory;
- Maintains samples of all publications and printed material;
- Requests and delivers items from AIM to each employee per approved requests;
- Assists with scanning and filing of invoices and purchasing documents into the scanned folder;
- Assists with receiving and verifies merchandise/materials;
- Assists with distributing and/or storage of purchased materials;
- Serves as first back up for the switchboard in the absence of one of the primary operators;
- Serves as first back up for the daily kitchen and mail duties in the absence of the Administration Operations Assistant;
- Pulls meter readings on all Montgomery copiers by the fifteenth of each month and send them to the purchasing coordinator;
- Assists in the Center-wide archiving project;
- Performs other essential tasks as required.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED;
- 6 months of computer experience;
- Prior inventory knowledge preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- MS Office literate. Word and Excel required;
- Ability to become familiar with inventory items;
- Must be able to identify different inventory items;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Effective, flexible team player.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
Minimum Education Required