Family Connections is seeking a motivated and experienced Development Director to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director reviews, updates and implements Family Connections’ annual Development Plan and manages all aspects of fundraising with a concentration on granting writing, individual giving campaigns and an annual fundraising event. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with strong writing skills who can work well both independently and collaboratively with other Family Connections staff.
This position is a great fit for someone with a proven commitment to helping families raise healthy children and a track record of advocating and securing funding on their behalf to individual, corporate, government and local foundations. The position is responsible for initiating and executing a multi-faceted development program to fulfill the income side of the annual operating budget. There is room for financial, so seasoned applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Creates a culture of philanthropy at Family Connections among Board, staff and participants
- Reviews, updates and Implements the annual fund development plan
- Researches and writes all grant proposals and reports to private and corporate foundations
- Maintains tracking and accountability systems
- Sets appropriate financial and development goals in the annual budget with the Executive Director
- Works towards developing a strong individual donor base
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Oversight of Fundraising Program
- Raises the funds to meet the annual grant and fundraising goals In cooperation with the Executive Director.
- Monitors all aspects of Family Connections’ fundraising program; evaluates successes and areas needing change and strengthening
- Develops a grant and fundraising work plan including a master calendar to meet goals, delineating activities, responsible parties and due dates
- Develops, executes and manages all fund-raising programs including but not limited to annual giving, special events, newsletters, and foundation and government grants
- Tracks fundraising activities and program goals in the organization’s databases (Salesforce and Efforts to Outcome)
- Engages Family Connections Board, staff and volunteers in fundraising activities as appropriate
Grant Development and Management
- Increases support from private, corporate, foundations and government grants in keeping with the annual operating budget
- Researches and writes all grant proposals and reports to foundations and corporations
- Regularly establishes relationships with new funders in order to meet expanded program/ fiscal needs
- Maintains relationships with Family Connections’ existing funders, including providing acknowledgements, reports, thank you letters, and other requested information in a timely manner
- Coordinates site visits to showcase the strengths of Family Connections’ programs
Annual Giving and Events
- Develops and implement a plan to annually attract and increase the number of individual donors to Family Connections
- Develops and implements Family Connections’ annual year end appeal to individual donors, meeting targeted financial goals
- Co-chairs board development committee and engages Board members in campaigns and events
- Works with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in creating, organizing and implementing an annual fundraising event and other major donor activities
- Recommends strategies and programs to engage donors in order to increase both the number of individual donors and average giving levels
- Promotes online fundraising (including crowd funding) with innovative ideas and strategies
- Masters degree preferred in relevant field; BA degree acceptable with extensive experience in development/ fundraising
- At least 5 years proven experience in overseeing fund development including extensive grant writing skills in the non-profit sector
- Excellent verbal and written skills, particularly grant writing
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and web/ tech savvy
- Experience with budgeting and fiscal management
- Highly organized with excellent project and time management skills
- Experience and proficient with databases (Salesforce and ETO experience a plus)
- Able to take work independently, delegate, take initiative and be resourceful as sole development staff
- Strong interpersonal skills with staff and funders
- Has experience with endowment campaigns
- Commitment to healthy families and social justice issues, and an ability to advocate for various funding on their behalf.
Compensation and Application
- This is a full time exempt position. $75,000-85,000 annual (depending on experience) with health, vision and dental benefits including chiropractor and acupuncture.
Family Connections is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This is an office position requiring frequent sitting, typing and computer use. The position requires the ability to frequently move about or remain seated depending on the task at hand.
This is a full time exempt position with health, vision and dental benefits including chiropractor and acupuncture.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email a cover letter and resume. Please, absolutely no inquiring phone calls!