Are you looking to help alleviate poverty by helping entrepreneurial women open and expand businesses? Are you interested in building up and helping your community? Grameen America, Inc. (GAI) is looking for applicants familiar and comfortable in the community that we serve to help these women obtain micro-loans to help them build up their businesses in their community. If you are a mission driven, community advocate, come join us! We are currently looking for staff in New York; Austin, Texas; Houston, Texas; and, the Los Angeles area.
Grameen America, Inc. is a nonprofit microfinance organization founded by Nobel Peace Prize recipient Muhammad Yunus. Grameen America, Inc. provides loans, savings programs, financial education, and credit establishment to women who live in poverty in the United States. The loans are provided so that borrowers may begin or expand income-generating activities that will eventually lift them out of poverty, by using the Grameen microfinance model.
A description of the job: This is a full time (40 hours per week) field position. On any given day, you will be our spokesperson,introducing our program offerings, conducting morning meetings with our members, where you review their loan transactions and business activities at several locations across your assigned branch; spending the afternoon at the Branch office giving out loans; and at times conducting member intake trainings. You will become a key member of our organization working with community members and similarly minded colleagues to recruit new members and facilitate the loan process and financial literacy for our members.
· Learn and practice the Grameen lending methodology and discipline, including the requirements for meeting attendance, loan repayment, loan utilization, group formation and related practices
· Recruit new members to the Grameen program utilizing a variety of sources including community resources and word of mouth
· Achieve designated growth targets
· Participate in GAI formal training program within 3 months of hire
Skills and Qualifications:
· Fluency in English and Spanish required;
· Excellent communication skills
· Flexible schedule (may need to work a schedule of early mornings and evenings)
· Basic arithmetic skills
· Punctual, dependable and with high integrity
· Ability to work individually and cooperatively within a group setting; ability to develop trust and rapport with borrower community
· High school diploma or equivalency
· Familiarity with electronic devices as a communication tool
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including on the subject line "TCM (plus the location you are interested in, for example Houston) - TCM Houston" .
Grameen America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law