1514 P St NW
The NIEA Communication & Special Events Coordinator position will work directly with our Development Director to oversee our public outreach events and efforts, including being responsible for coordinating social media and website maintenance. This position is responsible for assisting with the development of our local marketing strategy and planning successful events that advance the recognition of the company and the brand. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with Native communities, Native organizations, and help lead the way in promoting Native education on a tribal, local, state, and national level.
The essential functions of this position, include, but are not limited to the following:
● Oversee all organizational event planning, coordination, and implementation including budgeting, logistics, and evaluation.
● Develop event program materials in coordination with organizational leadership including invitations, sponsorship packages, and other collateral material as necessary.
● Develop a network of event subcontractors that make planning efficient.
● Generate publicity and media coverage for NIEA events and programs.
Marketing & Communications
● In collaboration with Director of Development, develop annual communications plan.
● Ensure use of consistent design standards, messages, and terminology across organization.
● Increase community and membership outreach through all forms of viral marketing and social networking efforts.
● Oversee and maintain the organization’s website, including coordinating with contractors, monitoring performance via analytics, maintaining appearance, and managing current content.
● In partnership with the organization leadership, oversee and implement ongoing fundraising, communication, and strategic engagement plans of the organization, including direct mail, ecommunications, print publications, broadcasts, video, and media relations.
● Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to NIEA at email@example.com.
For additional information, contact 202.544.7290.