The mission of Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. d/b/a Upham’s Corner Health Center / Upham’s Elder Service Plan / Upham’s Home Health Care is to provide expert, compassionate care to children and adults. Our Core Values are: Compassion and respect – For those in our care and for one another.
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. is an organization committed to providing high quality, low cost, culturally sensitive, community-based health and social services to the residents of North Dorchester and adjacent neighborhoods. We believe that Upham’s Corner Health Committee provides a dynamic work environment in which to grow and be challenged.
ABOUT OUR OPENING:
The Dental Services Director organizes and directs the Center’s Dental Clinic providing specialized patient care services.
- Establish professional standards for clinic; monitor performance against standards to assure high quality level of services provided; take appropriate corrective actions.
- Designs, develops, and implements appropriate Dental Department policies, protocols and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Complete referrals, data collections instruments and other records or paper works as shall be required from time to time by the organization.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Participate in development of short range and long range dental service plans and objectives; present recommendations to supervisor and to Board if appropriate.
- Receive, evaluate and act upon suggestions and recommendations from staff; assess needs for new services.
- Interview, screen, recommend, hire, orient, and train staff members; evaluate work performances including clinical competencies and recommend appropriate personnel actions; supervise dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants, reviewing patient services provided and providing guidance and assistance.
- Represent Center in negotiating contracts or agreements with outside agencies such as Medicaid.
- Responsible for maintenance of Clinic records and submission of monthly activity reports to supervisor.
- Maintain current awareness of developments in the dental care field by attending workshops and seminars and reading professional journals.
- Prepare and submit monthly written reports on Dental Department issues, concerns, program status, initiatives, and progress to the Clinical Director for submission to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare specific reports as requested by the community health center’s Executive Director.
- Schedule hours for Dentists, Dental Assistants & Dental Hygienists.
- Examine individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- As directed by the Executive Director, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Massachusetts.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ dentistry experience part of which has been in an administrative capacity.
- Current CPR (BLS) certifications; ACLS preferred.
- Massachusetts DPS and DEA registrations.
- Medicare and Medicaid provider numbers.
- Strong Communication skills including: verbal, written, and listening.
- Strong managerial, organizational and facilitation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast pace work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment and willingness to collaborate and coordinate across disciplines.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, ancestry, military service, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, or other category protected by law.
Upham’s Corner Health Committee, Inc. offers a highly competitive benefit packet for eligible staff. Benefits currently available include Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans, 403B retirement plan with a generous employer contribution, 12 Holidays paid, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Assistance Program, and much more.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), Upham's Corner Health Center staff may be eligible for loan repayment programs such us the National Health Service Corps (NHSC), The Mass League of Community Health Centers and The Massachusetts Loan Repayment though the Department of Public Health among others. If approved, some these loan repayment programs can provide up to $100,000 in loan forgiveness. Please research your individual eligibility, particularly if you are a Physician, Dentist, Psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioner (Primary Care), Physician Assistant, Psychologist (Health Service), Registered Nurse (Primary Care), Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Psychiatric Nurse Specialist, or a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Minimum Education Required