Resource Development & Communications Manager
- Job posted by Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation
Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
18 Shepard Street
Since 1980, Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation has partnered with residents to increase their economic wellbeing and stabilize their neighborhood while fostering connections and community, so residents can build the lives they envision for themselves.
Rapidly rising housing costs in Allston Brighton disproportionately affect the neighborhood’s most vulnerable residents, creating housing instability and displacement of low- and moderate-income individuals from important community foundations like public transportation, access to health care, jobs, their families, and more. As the only nonprofit dedicated entirely to working with Allston Brighton residents in addressing the impacts of the housing crisis, Allston Brighton CDC amplifies the voices of residents to mitigate the effects of transiency, increased development, and social inequity by advocating for affordable homes, neighborhood stability, and resident leadership.
The Resource Development and Communications Manager is a skilled storyteller with the energy and creativity to take Allston Brighton CDC’s development and communication efforts to the next level. The Manager takes the lead on our grantwriting and reporting efforts and is responsible for ensuring our communications efforts, from day-to-day social media posts to annual fundraising appeals, are on message. S/he works closely with and actively assists the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other staff members to implement the annual fundraising plan and assure timely cultivation, solicitation, follow-up, and tracking of new and current prospects and donors. The Manager must be personable, creative, flexible, and highly organized, with excellent design, computer, writing, administrative, and communication skills. S/he reports directly to the Executive Director and will adhere to policies adopted by the Board of Directors as well as to the organization’s goals and objectives.
● Review communications materials and social media posts generated by other staff members; draft original social media posts as determined by communications plan and as needed.
● Coordinate materials, design and delivery of annual reports, newsletters, appeals, and other publications in collaboration with the Executive Director.
● Design and distribute various promotional pieces both in print and digitally for programs and fundraising throughout the year.
● Work with staff to develop new and creative ways to reach out to potential clients, donors, partners, community members, etc.
● Maintain and update organization’s website and coordinate upgrade efforts when applicable.
● Research new grant opportunities and gather materials for, write, and submit grant proposals.
● Maintain Salesforce database to process donor gifts and thank you letters in a timely fashion, working with the Salesforce consultant to resolve organizational issues when needed.
● Manage fundraising event planning; conduct event marketing and outreach and solicit sponsorships and in-kind donations for annual All Bright Night celebration and any other fundraising events.
● Collaborate with Executive Director to craft fundraising appeals, edit mailing lists, and organize delivery.
● Work with Director of Finance as needed to maintain timing and accuracy of pledges and donations.
● Complete monthly Resource Development report for the Board of Directors.
● Ensure that grant reporting is done in a timely and accurate manner, working with program staff accordingly.
Administration (approximately 5%)
● Prepare Board of Directors package and reminders for monthly meetings as well as coordinating biweekly staff meetings and agendas.
● Work with Salesforce consultant to manage, upgrade, and ensure the usability of database.
● Review appropriate bank statements to ensure that gifts are accurately credited.
● Bachelor’s degree or three years related experience or equivalent combination.
● Natural writer with ability to weave several themes into a master narrative.
● Ability to write, edit, and proofread written materials for use with donor solicitations, member communications, and special events, providing effective messages.
● Experience using various online social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
● Attention to detail and ability to organize and set priorities.
● Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; some experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and Salesforce preferred
All Allston Brighton CDC staff members share administrative responsibility for the organization, assume new and emerging responsibilities as the organization evolves, and engage in learning opportunities to share new information and knowledge that can help inform the future of the organization.
Benefits include health insurance, life/short-term disability/long-term disability insurance, three weeks’ vacation, holidays, sick leave, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required