150 Court Street
AAFSC is seeking Preventive Services Case Aides to provide support in our Brooklyn and Queens offices. The Case Aide’s responsibilities include performing administrative tasks, such as maintaining case files, updating referral information, and assisting with the upkeep of case records. The Case Aide is required to interact with clients and perform some direct case support. A commitment to immigrant, refugee, and low-income communities is essential for success in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Compile and organize appropriate client intake paperwork, surveys, and forms.
· As assigned by Supervisor, assist Case Planners with evaluating clients to assess risks and support with the development and follow-up on case plans.
· As assigned by Supervisor, assist with conducting required monthly contacts with clients, including home visits to assess the needs of the family and child or children. Evening hours may be warranted for some cases.
· Maintain case records, database entry, and record keeping in compliance with ACS requirements, and all existing Federal, State and City laws.
· Participate in case conferences.
· Support with front-desk administrative duties (answering phone calls and directing to appropriate personnel) when coverage is needed.
· Prepare reports and paperwork for Preventive Services Supervisor and Director.
Other duties and responsibilities
· Participate in AAFSC meetings and trainings.
· Complete required number of off-site staff training hours as assigned.
· Perform other duties assigned by Preventive Services Supervisor and Director.
BACKGROUND AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Two years of experience in child welfare and family services preferred.
· Strong writing and communication skills required.
· Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills with attention to detail.
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as a part of a team, in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
· Fluency in Arabic, Urdu, Bangla/Bengali, Hindi, or another language is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
· 12 sick days
· 5 floating holidays
· 15 vacation days per year (up to third year of employment); 20 vacation days per year after 3 years of employment
· After 3 months, eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance (individual is fully covered at 100%; additional family is covered by employee under or outside of plan)
· 403b Plan (eligible to enroll upon hiring, and take with you after first year of employment)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit 3 references (other than relatives), a resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experiences meet the responsibilities and qualifications of the position via email to email@example.com. No phone queries please. All cover letters and resumes must be submitted via email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications accepted until 6pm on Friday, April 20th.