Details: Commensurate with experience
195 West Houston Street
Gilda’s Club NYC Mission: To support, educate and empower cancer patients and their families. Free of charge, GCNYC offers support groups, educational lectures, healthy lifestyle workshops and social events to men, women, teens and children.
This position will oversee the educational program which includes identifying relevant topics to support member needs, identifying speakers, coordinating presentations, creating promotional materials and outreach, and attending all lectures. This position is also responsible for overseeing educational workshops which include identifying new workshops as well as maintaining scheduling of current workshops. Clinical responsibilities include conducting intakes; facilitating weekly support groups; responding to inquiry calls regarding support services and participating in individual and group supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities – Clinical
- Conduct customized membership plans (intakes)
- Provide individual counseling through Open to Options program
- Facilitate weekly support groups (one evening)
- Respond to community needs for resources and information
- Facilitate family focus and team convene upon member request
- Conduct follow-up calls with prospective members as needed
- Participate in group and individual clinical supervision
- Duties and Responsibilities – Programmatic
- Assist with educating cancer patients about the benefits of psychosocial cancer support
- Support and attend annual social events
- Coordinating and facilitating monthly educational lectures (day/evenings) at GC clubhouse by identifying topics and presenters, developing promotional material and outreach, and summarizing participants evaluations following activity
- Coordinating and scheduling both ongoing and new workshops at GC clubhouse, developing flyers for internal use, ongoing communication with facilitators including managing cancellations, scheduling issues and facility concerns
LCSW with a minimum of 4+years post graduate clinical experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should be detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills including the ability to work autonomously and adhere to deadlines and schedules. Comfortable with public speaking. Experience with program development and group support a plus. Experience in oncology a plus.
Excellent benefits and vacation. EEO.
Minimum Education Required