1717 Columbia Rd., NW
Description: Christ House is a medical respite facility for men experiencing homelessness. We provide 24-hour medical care in a residential setting for patients who are too sick to be on the street or in a shelter, but are not sick enough to stay in the hospital. We are currently seeking a part-time Volunteer Services Associate to support Christ House’s volunteer department 15-20 hours each week.
Volunteer Services Associate Responsibilities:
· Assist the Director of Volunteers in recruitment and orientation of new volunteers
· Help to coordinate volunteer schedules and ensure roles are filled through timely and effective communication
· Contribute to the management, distribution, and recording of in-kind donations
· Track and record monthly, quarterly, and annual volunteer reports
· Support in the planning and implementation of activities and events, including but not limited to: Volunteer Appreciation Night, Christ House Christmas Party, Christmas gift drive and distribution, Year Long Volunteer orientation and arrival.
· Facilitate work groups and special event groups on various projects
· Attend volunteer recruitment fairs and other events representing Christ House
· Other responsibilities: Oversee the monthly Volunteer E-Newsletter, assist with special projects, create and post context to our social media platforms, provide tours of the facility, and serve as a receptionist as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
· A commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission and values of Christ House (www.christhouse.org/mission-vision)
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Experience in various volunteer roles or within a non-profit is helpful
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work with people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds, including colleagues within the organization and the population of people served
· Eager to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain confidential information.
· Strong attention to detail and creative ideas towards problem solving
· Positive energy and high level of comfort with public speaking
· A desire to help facilitate meaningful experiences for individuals seeking volunteer opportunities
· Ability to work a flexible schedule and to be present during holidays and some evenings and weekends a must
Flexible schedule. Eligibility for employee benefits, including paid time off and participation in employer insurance plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish can be helpful but is not required.
Minimum Education Required